Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper advice

Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper advice

Hey guys,

I'm looking into off-road bumpers for my 2014 jk unlimited. I'm thinking either rugged ridge xhd modular bumpers or smittybilt atlas bumpers. What are you feelings on them? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-30-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do neither but it's your Jeep. Smitty has a reputation, just search and you will find it. I had the rugged ridge modular on one of my jeeps and I feel about it just like I do the Smitty. I had rusting issues within 6 months. There are much higher quality bumpers out there but you will pay for it. Again, I can't stress this enough, it's your jeep so my or anybody else's opinion means crap. Get what you like and can afford. Have fun.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-30-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually like the look of the xrc bumpers. They are done of the best looking IMO and there are plenty of people that have them with no issues.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I appreciate that you're trying to get a good value for your money. Sadly, both options are very much, you get what you pay for.
You are always going to be better off saving up the extra money and buying quality.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

When it comes to Smittybilt I personally try to avoid them. I did buy one of their front bumpers though because I liked it that much and read it was pretty Stout. I figured if the finish sucks I can always get it refinished. So I wasn't worried about that. So far it's held up nicely but then again, I've only had it a month or so. Only time and bashing it against some rocks will tell.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by S.jordan.m
Hey guys,

I'm looking into off-road bumpers for my 2014 jk unlimited. I'm thinking either rugged ridge xhd modular bumpers or smittybilt atlas bumpers. What are you feelings on them? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help
I personally like the look of the Smittybilt XRC Atlas Front Bumper. It is definitely unique and will set your Jeep apart. It also sinks the winch down in there pretty far which I like as well.

There is certainly something to be said for the modular design of the Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Bumper as well. The fact that you can easily customize it with different add-ons, and they all fit and look like a cohesive unit is really nice.

Ultimately it's up to you what you go with. Whatever you decide, PM me for a quote and I'll get you the best price I can!

-Ryan
Old 01-30-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out poison spyder or LoD, 2 good quality brands that really have the cleanest welding out there and well worth the money, if you want to go full width, I'd check out ARB
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personally, I'm very pleased with my Warn Elite bumpers. Had em a year now. I just really liked the way the front bumper met with fender flares, sinks the winch down in the bumper, and has a place for factory fog lights. Trusted brand and great customer service.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Just installed an LoD mid width took me a while to find this one but I like it ...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (2dr)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2915911079.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	527570  
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I spent the last year mulling over bumpers etc. I have come to the conclusion the extra weight is not worth it for me. Modifying my stockers with vdp high clearance corners and maximus 3 light mount and bar, inboard mounted winch and piaa led fog replacements. For the rear a teraflex bracket, vector light and can mount, teraflex high lift mount, flush mounted trailer harness and flush mount led reverse lights. All functional, with not much weight increase.

The stockers look good when setup right. I have never hit anything with my bumpers as I am very careful about my gear.

Quick Reply: Bumper advice