Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper, Full, Short, Mid??

Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper, Full, Short, Mid??

Well, In researching JK's before i buy one.. (Later this winter). I've been looking at after market bumper. I like the simplicity of the shorty bumpers that only cover the Grill area. I've noticed that some people have cut their factory bumper to make it a shorty..How did they cut it?

Anyways.. I'm wonder what the advantages/disadvantages there are to each style of front bumper.

I really like the simple bumpers. Such as these:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12006_89.htm
Is there something this simple for the JK that is still a full size bumper?

I've noticed that the bumpers for the JK cost considerably more than TJ bumpers is this just due to the fact the the market doesn't have a lot of competition, and the demand is higher, or is it they have to be designed more complexly?

Post a pic of your after market or modified bumper and tell where you got it, the model if you want.

Last edited by matthew2000tx; 07-16-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew2000tx
I've noticed that the bumpers for the JK cost considerably more than TJ bumpers is this just due to the fact the the market doesn't have a lot of competition, and the demand is higher
You nailed it on your first try....new products, new market, high demand = high cost.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matthew2000tx
I've noticed that some people have cut their factory bumper to make it a shorty..How did they cut it?
The good ole sawzall mod:

Then shoot the openings with black expanding foam, and top off with Bondo rubberized spray.

Andy
Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Olympic make this plain receiver bumper, but Olympic seem to get bad review on this forum. so I do not know what kind of quality you would get.

Olympic Front Rock Bumper w/receiver Hitch
Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndyR
The good ole sawzall mod:

Then shoot the openings with black expanding foam, and top off with Bondo rubberized spray.

Andy
Do you have a photo of the finished look with black expanding foam, and top off with Bondo rubberized spray? Than sound like a good idea that is simple to do.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by rfrogman
Olympic make this plain receiver bumper, but Olympic seem to get bad review on this forum. so I do not know what kind of quality you would get.

Someone on here has one of those (but i think it had the foglight cutouts?) i can't remeber who it was.

yeah, remeber, uherdme.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Do you have a photo of the finished look with black expanding foam, and top off with Bondo rubberized spray? Than sound like a good idea that is simple to do.

I wanna know how he can see what he is doing with that arm growing out of his left eye socket.?...??
Old 07-17-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fresh from the camera:

Andy
Old 07-17-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndyR
Fresh from the camera:

Andy
That does clean up the ends. Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

There is someone here with one. User: "hurstrescue" posted it up. Here:

Slap the fogs in it, toss on the PureJeep D-Ring mounts and it looks pretty good to me. It isnt one i would personally get, but not to shabby. simple & functional. IMHO that works.

Quick Reply: Bumper, Full, Short, Mid??