Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I combine mopar sliders with mopar steps?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I combine mopar sliders with mopar steps?

My Jeep came with the factory sliders, but I needed the 'nerf bars' or 'steps' so I took the sliders off and put on the steps. I was wondering if anyone here has tried combining the two together somehow to serve both purposes. Is there anyone that has already tried this? I would sure like to see some pictures and specs if you have! Thanks! HBC
Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

no ... they use the same mounting location.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default mopar sliders/steps

I agree,same mounting holes.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about a stainless steel spacer and a longer bolt??
i was wondering the same thing for my rubi i want to use the sahara steps and keep the rails
Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the sahara steps , ruby rails are on the way (ups has them at the moment)

I assumed I'd swap them, but I'll look into a dual mount with washers and longer screws... I have my doubts but this is worth thinking about.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x3, they both use the same mounting points. i thought about getting a set of steps and just swap them around whenever i go on the trails, but figured it be to much of a bother.

and i didnt bother trying to figer out if they could both go on because the way they sit, the steps are still able to be bashed against the rocks along with the sliders. You'd have to figure a way to mount them higher, or with something under them.

there are several companies making rock sliders that double as steps. my favorite is the FatBoy 1000 Adjustable ones:

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=8901

Side steps and rock sliders in one... the ReversaBars are also nice, but they can't be changed in position as easily as these can.

I plan on getting these soon (birthday is coming up ) since my stock sliders are getting rather torn up.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:15 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
I have the sahara steps , ruby rails are on the way (ups has them at the moment)

I assumed I'd swap them, but I'll look into a dual mount with washers and longer screws... I have my doubts but this is worth thinking about.
Let us know if you figure it out! I had been thinking it would take some fabrication to do it, but if all it takes is longer bolts I'll be thrilled! In reality, the sliders protect parts that the steps can't protect, but the same is true for the steps. The steps (on both sides) kept me from some major damage on a narrow trail this summer because they took the force of some big hits. I bought the metal steps from Mopar and have a couple of pretty good dents in them now.

Anyway, thanks for all the answers to my question. If someone else has another idea, let us know. HBC
Old 12-14-2007, 08:18 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
x3, they both use the same mounting points. i thought about getting a set of steps and just swap them around whenever i go on the trails, but figured it be to much of a bother.

and i didnt bother trying to figer out if they could both go on because the way they sit, the steps are still able to be bashed against the rocks along with the sliders. You'd have to figure a way to mount them higher, or with something under them.

there are several companies making rock sliders that double as steps. my favorite is the FatBoy 1000 Adjustable ones:

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=8901

Side steps and rock sliders in one... the ReversaBars are also nice, but they can't be changed in position as easily as these can.

I plan on getting these soon (birthday is coming up ) since my stock sliders are getting rather torn up.

Cool idea. Thing is, I already have the sliders and the steps. If I can use them I'd rather not swap them for something else. By the way, Happy Birthday! HBC
Old 12-14-2007, 08:21 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by naplesrubicon
how about a stainless steel spacer and a longer bolt??
i was wondering the same thing for my rubi i want to use the sahara steps and keep the rails
Fantastic idea! If you're able to do it, can you please post some pics of the final product? Thanks. HBC
Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I combine mopar sliders with mopar steps?

sounds like a bad squaredance move.

Quick Reply: Can I combine mopar sliders with mopar steps?