Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caster correction on 2.5" lift

Old 05-27-2016, 01:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing with cam bolts is you are limited with the amount of correction. I believe its 1.5° so if you are at 2° thats only 3.5° of caster angle.

Other options not mentioned
Adjustable ball joints .. Yes besides camber balljoints can be used for caster. gary2 and AssFrow are two members who added caster with
Balljoints.

Cut and turn c's
More work then what its worth so wont go into details.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

At 2.5" of lift the axle shift is minimal and the front and rear axle will shift just about the same amount. We are talking maybe .25" at that height. I did this write up a while back to explain the shifts. Determining adjustable control arm lengths and loss of wheel base caused by lifting.
You can also jack up the body jeep 2.5" and measure the changes.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
At 2.5" of lift the axle shift is minimal and the front and rear axle will shift just about the same amount. We are talking maybe .25" at that height. I did this write up a while back to explain the shifts. Determining adjustable control arm lengths and loss of wheel base caused by lifting.
Excellent Dirtman, thats what i was looking for! even tho its 1/4" sometimes its a noticeable difference. I guess i will have to wait and see how it looks. I recall a Teraflex video of a jeep rental company out in Moab where Dennis is interviewing, the owner i believe, and there are 2 jeeps side by side. One has a BB the other a coil lift for the bit more extreme tour. Anyhow IIRC the green jeep with the BB didnt look right and i think it was the wheelbase or it was just my imagination.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Dirtman, just an FYI. You're unable to view your write-up unless you're a member of JK Freaks. AKA, are you going to make me join yet another JK forum to read your great write-up?
Old 05-27-2016, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

At 2.5" of lift the axle shift is minimal and the front and rear axle will shift just about the same amount. We are talking maybe .25" at that height. I did this write up a while back to explain the shifts. Determining adjustable control arm lengths and loss of wheel base caused by lifting. You can also jack up the body jeep 2.5" and measure the changes.
I love this .. Shows even at 3.5 shift is minimal.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
For the sake of having the same argument that has been discussed a million times on these forums, but for the benefit of a Newbie reading this thread:

There is a reason EVERY SINGLE lift 3" or more comes with an adj TB or TB bracket to center your front axle. And every lift above 2" (including a freaking budget boost) comes with at least a bracket to help center your rear axle.

Ask your self why that is if the "minimal" shift (as described) doesn't matter.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
While being minimal at ride height it really goes to extremes when you droop out the axle.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:46 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry i was actually referring to wheelbase
Old 05-28-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I know, my comment was referring to wheel base.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

I know, my comment was referring to wheel base.
Oh ok .. I agree.

Quick Reply: Caster correction on 2.5" lift