Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

cb mounting location for 2012

Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine... (admin, now you can officially move this thread to the cb area :-) )

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-946962198.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	312100

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1364347127.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	312101

Sound is great, but i also ran a speaker for it, mounted that on the pull panel under the steering wheel.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster76
This thread should be in the CB & Ham radio section. Oh well.

I copied this idea from someone who copied the idea(LINK-> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-c...1/#post2539864 ). I got everything that I needed to do this mount for a Uniden 520 at Home Depot for about $10. This should work with almost any CB if it is not too deep. It works with the 2012 hardtop. It leaves the back of the radio about 2" to the windshield. I might have to get a right angle adapter for the PL-259 antenna cable.

The insulated clamps are in a box in the nuts and bolts row. 3/8" seems to be the right size. It has just a very little bit of wiggle in it. I might try the 1/4" and see if I can get it even tighter. The post I copied used that size.

The 1" corner brace was in the row with hinges and gate locks. It is the perfect size.

I had some 1/2" size 10 bolts lying around so I used them. As a bonus they are brass so they will not rust. You need 4 of them and washers and nuts. They were the right size to fit very snug through the corner brace.

I put a strip of "rubber foam weather seal" right on the top back of the radio where it touches the windshield panel. It is the stuff you can put around your doors at home to stop drafts. I forgot to take a picture of it. I think it will remove an noise or abrasion to the panel.

Attachment 312080Attachment 312081Attachment 312082

I was thinking of mounting on the dash. You can remove the rubber piece and there is a bolt that looks like you could mount to or remove to make some mount holes to attach to. I really like the above the mirror location for the Uniden 520. When you let the mic hang it isn't so low that it will hit the stick shift.

Thank you for posting this, its much smarter then going along the floor
First i like to say that yes i posted this in the wrong section.(newbie).
Excellent idea of mounting your cb but for me I have both the hardtop and soft. Right now the soft top is on, so I decided to mount it in front of the shifter. Keep in mind that im going with the new uniden bearcat 880 which is smaller and more compact so there would be no interference with the shifter.I had seen pictures in this location and it looks clean. The mic mounts to the left hand side of the ole shit bar. I will post pictures.

Quick Reply: cb mounting location for 2012