Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Conclusion of lift and wheel upgrade

Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conclusion of lift and wheel upgrade

So I have finally decided on what path to start with for my new jeep modifications, and to be part of this great forum community! Feedback is always appreciated and pictures will be uploaded which will be done approx 1-2 weeks due to orders.

I have a silver 2009 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara 6spd. I ordered the following;

4" stage 1 jk lift by procomp
es 9000 shock upgrade
mt/r with kevlar 35x12.50 R17 (black writing sidewall)
m/t sidebiter wheels 17x9 wth an offset of -12mm (I want 2" out of sahara stock fenders)
rancho rs 5000 steering stabilizer

Yes i am upgrading directly to 35's!!! To many people with amazing looking jeeps and its a drug to me.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds good, not many people here are fans of procomp, myself included, while I can't say anything bad about their kits for the jk (I haven't had one) a kit that I bought for my tj was terrible I would much rather go with teraflex, but that's just my opinion, good luck.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by robin
sounds good, not many people here are fans of procomp, myself included, while I can't say anything bad about their kits for the jk (I haven't had one) a kit that I bought for my tj was terrible I would much rather go with teraflex, but that's just my opinion, good luck.
the lifts i seen perform well, but i wouldnt want the kit because of the cam bolts used on it.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

i think you may find that the TeraFlex 3" lift will be plenty if you dont plan to go bigger than 35s. with a 4dr, you wont even need CAs with the 3" lift.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
the lifts i seen perform well, but i wouldnt want the kit because of the cam bolts used on it.
agreed. if you are set on going this route, you may want to consider picking up a set of front adjustable lower control arms and install them ove the cam bolts.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Do the MT sidebiters cause 35x12.5 tires to stick out past the fenders more then most wheels? Is -12mm offset too much? They have 4.5"bs, which is about right.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have been told from a few members in the club that the procomp kit is not that great as well. I have been looking to lift mine and narrowed it down to the Rock Krawler 3.5" kit or the teraflex 3" kit. Talking to teraflex they said that you can run 37s if you wanted to on the 3" kit you just have to get different bump stops. I am still not sure which kit to go with anyone have any input ? Sorry not trying to steal your post.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rjventrone
I have been told from a few members in the club that the procomp kit is not that great as well. I have been looking to lift mine and narrowed it down to the Rock Krawler 3.5" kit or the teraflex 3" kit. Talking to teraflex they said that you can run 37s if you wanted to on the 3" kit you just have to get different bump stops. I am still not sure which kit to go with anyone have any input ? Sorry not trying to steal your post.
different bump stops or, if you're willing, chop your fenders and it'll work too

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by roadking54
Do the MT sidebiters cause 35x12.5 tires to stick out past the fenders more then most wheels? Is -12mm offset too much? They have 4.5"bs, which is about right.
There is a guy running same setup but with km2s and the wheel literally sticks out 2 inches, personally it looks badass, you need between 0 and -12mm offset to have that much backspacing but that is available on a 17x9 5on5 bolt patter sidebiter
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
i think you may find that the TeraFlex 3" lift will be plenty if you dont plan to go bigger than 35s. with a 4dr, you wont even need CAs with the 3" lift.
It was recommanded to me from a few rock crawlers who experienced it, not a high end product but something i paid well to experience a lift and perhaps look into products if need later in the future, i took a friends for a test drive and i liked the stiffness of the procomp, another bud had 3" teraflex but i felt discouraged after seeing he had a slight lean to the passenger side, he said it was due to some coil? dont remember exactly but felt discouraged.....very picky

Quick Reply: Conclusion of lift and wheel upgrade