Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist AEV Bumper without mounting hardware?

Old 07-27-2016, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
How do you plan on mounting those? They look nothing like the AEV tow loop brackets. I've been looking at some trailer hitch adapters at Harbor Freight. I'm thinking with a little trimming and cutting with an angle grinder, I might be able to fab something very similar to the AEV tow loop brackets and wouldn't cost hardly anything. You can get the AEV tow loop brackets for $99.00. Too much for my tastes, but I'm unsure how that compares to the maximus brackets you're looking at. They're listed on the Northridge 4x4 website.

FYI, I just called AEV since I needed the crush can cover replacements. I figured instead of trying to find replacement mounting bolts, I asked if I could order the Hardware mounting pack that comes with the bumper for install. It was pricey as all things AEV, but I figured that will make my life easier. You can order it from them directly. $59.95 for the hardware pack. After I pick it up, I'll post what is all included.
It looks like the Maximus mounts to the underside of the winch plate. I have the winch place, just waiting for a winch, so this makes sense for me. Maximus includes instructions for trimming the factory bumper, which they are designed for, but i figure the AEV bumper could be trimmed the same way.

Last time I call AEV they wouldn't sell the hardware pack alone, hence the point of this entire thread. The would obviously be the best option. Let me know how that worked out.

Quick Reply: Craigslist AEV Bumper without mounting hardware?