Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie AntiRock Rear Sway Kit & Towing Question?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Currie AntiRock Rear Sway Kit & Towing Question?

Is there anyone out there running the Currie Antirock Sway Bar kit doing some light towing? I'm considering going to this set up but have plans to tow a small trailer for camping gear and was wondering if there's a drop off between the Currie system and the oem. I really hate the oem with the EVOLever and can see noticable flex when off road. That said, I hear the Currie system is not as good on road as the oem so I'm hoping someone has some insight they are willing to share!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a two door so i have not done any towing yet. IMO the currie front sway bar is a little softer than stock. the rear is a little stiffer than stock. hope that helps.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the currie anti-Rock on the rear of mine. I am very tail heavy with the Aux fuel tank. I occasionally tow a small off road trailer. I find the currie to be too soft for me. I will probably install the 4dr antirock on my 2dr as it is a slightly bigger bar. All that said if the factory rear sway bar fits with the EVO lever then the FT adjustable heavy duty sway bar should work as well. I ran the FT bar prior to installing the fuel tank and it solved a lot of my rear suspension issues. plus it is adjustable to fit your needs and it works great off road.

Last edited by KenB1010; 04-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi

Anyone else have experience with Currie or any other aftermarket rear sway bars and towing a light trailer?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump
it
up
please
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Hey Frank, have the Antirock only on the rear and tow 2 jet
skis which is about 2500 lbs. I really do not notice any difference between the stock rear sway bar compared to
the Antirock when towing. Do like it when offroading and
again not much different when on the street.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by blazer4949
Hey Frank, have the Antirock only on the rear and tow 2 jet
skis which is about 2500 lbs. I really do not notice any difference between the stock rear sway bar compared to
the Antirock when towing. Do like it when offroading and
again not much different when on the street.
Thanks for the feedback Steve! We went with the Currie Antirock because we bent our OEM bar so it's nice to know we should be able to tow without issues.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you order the currie break lines also? Just ordered the front and rear antirock and was wondering if I need special break lines

Quick Reply: Currie AntiRock Rear Sway Kit & Towing Question?