Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

diff cover question...

Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
honestly, i have not heard of there being any clearance issues on a stock setup before on the rear. i know that doojer has a set on his jeep and ran them stock without any problems.

exactly. make sure that you only put in the factory amount required and not fill to the fill hole or else you will have a mess on your hands

i haven't seen this happen on a stock setup but i could see how it could happen up front especially if you have a good amount of stuff.
I dunno how to link this tread [rear solid diff cover warning] but this is were the info came from. I have a solid sitting in the garage that I'm afraid to put on because it's so close.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino64
I dunno how to link this tread [rear solid diff cover warning] but this is were the info came from. I have a solid sitting in the garage that I'm afraid to put on because it's so close.
while i'm sure it would be close, if it's not hitting, it really isn't a problem. and, even if it did hit, that wouldn't necessarily make it dangerous or anything. annoying for sure but still totally useable. just out of curiosity, is the potential contact point something that could be ground down a bit to give it a little extra clearnace?
Old 12-13-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
while i'm sure it would be close, if it's not hitting, it really isn't a problem. and, even if it did hit, that wouldn't necessarily make it dangerous or anything. annoying for sure but still totally useable. just out of curiosity, is the potential contact point something that could be ground down a bit to give it a little extra clearnace?
Well I sure would like to install it but I think I'll wait and put the new JKS track bar on first. I talked to Northridge and was told that bar has enough bend it should easly clear. BTW did you happen to read post #20 on that thread?

Last edited by Rhino64; 12-13-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

So The JKS trac bars will clear solid covers? I'v heard of this clearance issue before. Anybody know if the JKS will clear the Riddler front an back?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes it will clear the riddler and solid .

David
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Talk about quick response, thanks Dave. Another question, you think the fins on the Solid help dissipate heat? Or this even really a concern.

Quick Reply: diff cover question...