Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Doors need adjusting after body lift?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosy goosey

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I believe he said he loosened all the bolts before install.
I went back through and loosened the bolts in the rear middle and took the front ones closest to the doors completely out. Then i lifted the left and right side individually.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default HI Lift.

Also on a side not. I did use the Hi-Lift again. It did not twist or torque the body upon install. I did however put a 2x4 pareralell to the hi-lift just a precaution measure. In the past I have had the hi-lift slip on the concrete floor and damage the body of the Jeep.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

its a good idea to gather up all the parts you are going to install... if there are leftover parts, then youll know that you might of missed a step or two. Glad it all worked out for you.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redridge
its a good idea to gather up all the parts you are going to install... if there are leftover parts, then youll know that you might of missed a step or two. Glad it all worked out for you.
When installing the body lift, are there any issues inside the jeep that have to be adjusted like parking brake or shifters?

Quick Reply: Doors need adjusting after body lift?