Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Evo tire carrier vs genright?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo tire carrier vs genright?

I am wanting to Upgrading my rear shrockworks tire Carrier as it not holding up to the heavy mud grappler.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

The Evo says you must have there corner armor to run it which drives the price thru the roof.
Gen right sounds like it would be a bit cheaper. 2 guy in our club run the gen rights and like them. ( with 40's)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the aluminum genright and its super lite and been holding up my 37 trail grap with no sag or signs of stress. The genright also comes with a stop to keep it from opening to far unlike the eco. Oh and the genright customer care is top notch. They called me a few wks after delivery to make sure I didnt have any installation problems because they had 1 issue on 1 shipment but still was going to call everyone that ordered one in a certain time span just to make sure there wasnt anymore problems.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
I have the aluminum genright and its super lite and been holding up my 37 trail grap with no sag or signs of stress. The genright also comes with a stop to keep it from opening to far unlike the eco. Oh and the genright customer care is top notch. They called me a few wks after delivery to make sure I didnt have any installation problems because they had 1 issue on 1 shipment but still was going to call everyone that ordered one in a certain time span just to make sure there wasnt anymore problems.
How easy is it to open and close, this is really important because open it so much. My bumper is a pain in the ass to open it its sagging so much, I fight with it every day lol.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
Can you post a pic too when you get a chance would love to see it with my same tire on it!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Genright alloy is extremely light, and had no issues whatsoever holding up my heavy 37 toyos/beadlocks. I would go that route again but this time around I want something that opens/closes with the gate (no extra latches/pins.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ttechris

Genright alloy is extremely light, and had no issues whatsoever holding up my heavy 37 toyos/beadlocks. I would go that route again but this time around I want something that opens/closes with the gate (no extra latches/pins.
Does anyone make one like that?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl

How easy is it to open and close, this is really important because open it so much. My bumper is a pain in the ass to open it its sagging so much, I fight with it every day lol.
If this is a concern, look at the teraflex tire carrier system with the heavy duty tire mount. I went this route and opening the back is just like stock again, plus it holds up to a 37" tire. I went this route after my swing away tire carrier flew open on my going down the interstate, I love the new setup.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Junkie

i love the EVO carrier.. but dont get it if you have to open the tailgate often.. it takes some work to open/close... but it holds a big tire.. very quiet and very heavy duty and well made.. and looks awesome.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i love the EVO carrier.. but dont get it if you have to open the tailgate often.. it takes some work to open/close... but it holds a big tire.. very quiet and very heavy duty and well made.. and looks awesome.
Thanks I saw you had the pit bull rocker it's off topic but how do you like them I'm dying to try a set out!

Quick Reply: Evo tire carrier vs genright?