Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR-FAB tire carrier and Hi-Lift?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OR-FAB tire carrier and Hi-Lift?

Well, I need a new tire carrier. After being rear ended by my buddy's Defender 110 last year, a Cadillac DTS 6 months ago (destroying the front end of the car), a Toyota Tundra last week, and my buddy's Range Rover yesterday, the mount is only hanging on from the bottom and needs replaced ASAP! The good thing is that they all only hit the tire, so no damage to the truck.

I am planning to purchase the OR-FAB tire carrier NON-jerry can version. Does this still allow for you to mount a hi-lift jack to the inside?

Does it come with the mounts or do I need to buy some brackets?

Any photos of this setup with the smaller carrier? I can only seem to find photos of the larger version.

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Jamooche
Well, I need a new tire carrier. After being rear ended by my buddy's Defender 110 last year, a Cadillac DTS 6 months ago (destroying the front end of the car), a Toyota Tundra last week, and my buddy's Range Rover yesterday, the mount is only hanging on from the bottom and needs replaced ASAP! The good thing is that they all only hit the tire, so no damage to the truck.

I am planning to purchase the OR-FAB tire carrier NON-jerry can version. Does this still allow for you to mount a hi-lift jack to the inside?

Does it come with the mounts or do I need to buy some brackets?

Any photos of this setup with the smaller carrier? I can only seem to find photos of the larger version.

Thanks!

The Tire ONLY carrier has the same hi-lift jack mount as the Tire & Can Carrier. You don't need any brackets because we've flo-drilled mounting points into the top of the tube. Sorry I can't post any picks... I'm on the road with only my blackberry.

Yates
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

maybe you should invest in some brighter tail lights and a bunch of reflective tape and a siren that is on all the time with a rotating beacon light, cuz you seem to get rearend more than a passed out guy at a gay pride rally!

I like the orfab's that dont have the gerry can holder puts the tire a little closer to the jeep!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

.... After being rear ended by my buddy's Defender 110 last year, a Cadillac DTS 6 months ago (destroying the front end of the car), a Toyota Tundra last week, and my buddy's Range Rover yesterday, the mount is only hanging on from the bottom and needs replaced ASAP! .....
There is a bad joke in here somewhere.. sorry, couldn't resist mentioning it.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Same mounting points.....

Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yhudson
The Tire ONLY carrier has the same hi-lift jack mount as the Tire & Can Carrier. You don't need any brackets because we've flo-drilled mounting points into the top of the tube. Sorry I can't post any picks... I'm on the road with only my blackberry.

Yates

Thanks man! I just ordered one.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john smack
maybe you should invest in some brighter tail lights and a bunch of reflective tape and a siren that is on all the time with a rotating beacon light, cuz you seem to get rearend more than a passed out guy at a gay pride rally!

I like the orfab's that dont have the gerry can holder puts the tire a little closer to the jeep!
I plan on getting some additional marker lights and maybe some reflectors because this is getting ridiculous. However all these incidents happened during the day!

1. Kid in a Honda Civic cut me off, had to hit the brakes and thus friend's 110 hit me.
2. Waiting at the airport to pick up my mother with the engine off. Old man says he hit the wrong pedal.
3. Toyota guy says he thought I was going to pull out, so he started driving.
4. Friend's Range Rover needs new brakes and can't stop at all.

I also got hit twice in my old truck (Land Rover Discovery) all while waiting at red lights. The M3 convertible that hit me got no damage on the front end, but a lovely square shaped hole in the middle of the hood from my trailer hitch.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

I plan on getting some additional marker lights and maybe some reflectors because this is getting ridiculous. However all these incidents happened during the day!

1. Kid in a Honda Civic cut me off, had to hit the brakes and thus friend's 110 hit me.
2. Waiting at the airport to pick up my mother with the engine off. Old man says he hit the wrong pedal.
3. Toyota guy says he thought I was going to pull out, so he started driving.
4. Friend's Range Rover needs new brakes and can't stop at all.

I also got hit twice in my old truck (Land Rover Discovery) all while waiting at red lights. The M3 convertible that hit me got no damage on the front end, but a lovely square shaped hole in the middle of the hood from my trailer hitch.
well man don't waste any money on lottery tickets
Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Putting my carrier on tomorrow, never noticed the holes until this post Now i'm even more excited

You all are great!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chickenman
Putting my carrier on tomorrow, never noticed the holes until this post Now i'm even more excited

You all are great!!!
Nice Chad!

Or-Fabbing it too?

Mine should be on Friday.

How are those new gears btw?

Quick Reply: OR-FAB tire carrier and Hi-Lift?