Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally have my entire list. Please tell me what I forgot and answer a question.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally have my entire list. Please tell me what I forgot and answer a question.

I ordered a Silver Sahara JKU last week. Manual shift, heated seats, painted dual top.

I have spent 2 months reading and searching each night about mods. I complied my list. I have 1-2 decisions in there and would love your opinion.

fyi, This will not be a rock crawler or a weekend warrior vehicle, more of a mall crawler. This will be stored in my basement garaged and only driven on nice days (no making fun of me). I have wanted a nice Jeep since high school and can finally afford to have one as a second vehicle, plan on keeping it forever and keeping it looking excellent!!!

AEV 3.5 SC Lift
AEV Premium Front Bumper
AEV Rear Bumper And Tire Carrier
XD Rockstar Wheels 18" (don't make fun, no one around me has them and I like them)
35" Duratrac, Maybe KM2s or Nittos
Warn 9.5cti Winch
IPF Driving Lights On Bumper
Stainless With Holes Grill Mesh Mod
Jeep Front Grab Handles And The Cheap Rear Handle Mod That Matches
Slush Mats
AEV CHMSL 3rd Brake Light
Caddy To Hold Hardtop And Doors, The Mopar Version Unless I Can Find A Cheaper Better Way
AFE Y Pipe
Pioneer DVD, JL Stealthbox And All JL Speakers And JL Amp
Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails
AEV Front Skid Plate
Mopar Black Fuel Door
Mopar Storage Boot (soft top cover, some people say it is included with the dual top group I ordered)
Recont Front Turn Signals (clear)
Looking For Rear Clear Tailights To Match Front, These Are All I Can Find, Expensive Too, Can't Find Just Lenses http://w ww.carid.com/2007-jeep-wrangler-taillights/ipcw-led-tail-lights-263210.html
X Antenna
Die Tech Mirror Brackets

Last edited by Robar; 01-08-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

MUD and DIRT
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thousands of dollars in off road mods to mall crawl....
Old 01-08-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi

Save money get a buget boost and do the rest if your just doing it for looks
Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

I didn't see Spicer u-joints on the list...
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Save money get a buget boost and do the rest if your just doing it for looks
What he said.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't think you'll need a winch either if you're just doing everyday road driving.

I think with that lift you're gonna need some other parts (control arms, trackbar), my lift isn't that big so I can't list everything for you but I know that is on the forum someplace.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can build your own hard top cart like I did out of wood, wheels and carpet for about 20 bucks in parts. My soft top is on it now for winter storage.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of money to do all that. It would be a shame not to at least do a little wheeling?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kneeman
I ordered a Silver Sahara JKU last week. Manual shift, heated seats, painted dual top.

I have spent 2 months reading and searching each night about mods. I complied my list. I have 1-2 decisions in there and would love your opinion.

fyi, This will not be a rock crawler or a weekend warrior vehicle, more of a mall crawler. This will be stored in my basement garaged and only driven on nice days (no making fun of me). I have wanted a nice Jeep since high school and can finally afford to have one as a second vehicle, plan on keeping it forever and keeping it looking excellent!!!
Here's some friendly advice...

I would cancel your order for the Sahara and buy a Rubicon, level it out and leave it alone. Then if you get tired of crawling over speed bumps at the mall, you can grab a fishing pole and find a trail in your local mountains and relax. As much as you've wanted this since high school, I guarantee it will be short lived.

Quick Reply: Finally have my entire list. Please tell me what I forgot and answer a question.