Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally made my decision and went to Teraflex monster control arms!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally made my decision and went to Teraflex monster control arms!

It was kind of hard to make a such decision when facing too many makes of the CAs. But finally I went to Teraflex adjustble CAs, a complete set of 8 adjustable CAs, I hope the installation of the new arms could provide better road handling ability.
By the way, I really appreciate everybody for telling me so many suggestions as well as their great
experiences.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Awesome!!!
Hi, I still have some question about the installation of the Teraflex CAs. Do I have to use the factory CAs bolts when installing the Teraflex adjustable arms? The Teraflex monster arms will work great will the backspacing 4.53" wheels right? What is the lift height range for the Teraflex adjustable short arms? Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

jealous...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
jealous...
This is my first wrangler that is been modifying, so I'm really lack of experience, but I already learnt many useful jeep knowledges from everybody here. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

bump, whats the difference between factory CA's and Aftermarker CA's? Im guessing you need them when getting a bigger lift
Old 04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

You will love you're new control arms. I have had mine since I put the lift on and couldn't be happier. I need to readjust mine when I get new driveshafts on my beast, which will be soon.

For Steven4est - Simply put, the advantages of control arms is that you can adjust your axle's to accomodate the lift height you add. I have a 4" Superlift which for some reason comes with cam bolts from Superlift. I hate cam bolts so I decided to use the control arms to have my front axle in the correct position. I have my adjustable arms about the same length as stock at the moment because I am still running the stock shafts. When I get my new driveshafts, I plan to move my rear axle back almost an inch (if possible) and adjust my rear uppers to get the pinion angle correct. The front looks to be in a good position right now, but I think I will need to adjust that as well when I get the new driveshafts. Front lowers help to adjust the caster angle of the front axle. Mine could use a bit of adjustment now, but it has been working well with my stock driveshafts so I probably won't mess with it till I get new ones
Old 04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyezhong
Hi, I still have some question about the installation of the Teraflex CAs. Do I have to use the factory CAs bolts when installing the Teraflex adjustable arms? The Teraflex monster arms will work great will the backspacing 4.53" wheels right? What is the lift height range for the Teraflex adjustable short arms? Thanks!
Yes you reused the factory CA bolts. There are no issues with these arms and those wheels. I've seen customers use these for 2.5" -6" lifts.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
You will love you're new control arms. I have had mine since I put the lift on and couldn't be happier. I need to readjust mine when I get new driveshafts on my beast, which will be soon.

For Steven4est - Simply put, the advantages of control arms is that you can adjust your axle's to accomodate the lift height you add. I have a 4" Superlift which for some reason comes with cam bolts from Superlift. I hate cam bolts so I decided to use the control arms to have my front axle in the correct position. I have my adjustable arms about the same length as stock at the moment because I am still running the stock shafts. When I get my new driveshafts, I plan to move my rear axle back almost an inch (if possible) and adjust my rear uppers to get the pinion angle correct. The front looks to be in a good position right now, but I think I will need to adjust that as well when I get the new driveshafts. Front lowers help to adjust the caster angle of the front axle. Mine could use a bit of adjustment now, but it has been working well with my stock driveshafts so I probably won't mess with it till I get new ones
It does not look so easy when adjusting the CAs to get the perfect caster angle, but at least I will have the chance to do some adjustment rather than running float right now.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Yes you reused the factory CA bolts. There are no issues with these arms and those wheels. I've seen customers use these for 2.5" -6" lifts.
Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Finally made my decision and went to Teraflex monster control arms!