Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood

Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood

Hi all,

please do not lambast me for wanting to put the Fitch Fuel Catalyst system into my JK rubi, as I am not here to discuss the merits of the product.

please do, however, show me where you secured yours if you have one. There's not a lot of room under the hood and any suggestions would be great.

also, pics are a home run for those who have already done it. please share!

much thanks!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put mine next to the Majic bean bag holder and just to the left of the snake oil container which are both located in the tray below the battery tray.
I call it tray number 2 on the list of the other imaginary compartments under the hood.
On the lighter side,can you return it and get your hard earned money back?

Come on guys....is there some particular reason why these kinds of mileage improvement products haven't been bought up and implemented by any of the world's automotive manufacturers in a market striving for fuel efficiency to boost their sales?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

if you want to save money on gas buy something that works.... like a bicycle
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Rude.. Why not just try to help.. he said he didn't care to hear opinions.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy
Sorry...should have posted don't know where to place.......t
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with you too help don't harass. We here as short as I have been here we have always assisted anyone if we could on assistance that has been requested. Lets continue if we can.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have one, but there is a fuel line running down the frame rail (passenger side) that me thinks would be easy to tap into. Then you could secure it to the frame under the vehicle up out of harms way.

Also assuming it works as advertised (not gonna argue either way) I would consider putting it on the return line so it continualy treats the entire tank of fuel.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's a pretty big space between the radiator support and the engine. One forum member did a very nice horn install in this space. The Fitch unit looks like it would fit there. Having said that, I have to agree about spending your money differently. I mean really, if this thing really worked and make an appreciable difference, it would be part of every vehicle made today running an internal combustion engine. ....but you know what? It's your money and your Jeep. Build it like you want to and put whatever you want on it.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy
Every thread that mentions the Fitch should make clear that the huge majority of the members of this forum know it's a hoax. Many new folks come here, some of them not very technically minded, and to lend a shred of credence to a question such as "where do I put my Fitch" would be a disservice to them.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Former Member

to those who have graciously donated their time to help directly answer my question, much thanks. to those who chose to ignore my intro (that i wasn't looking for any opinions) i defer to my late grandfather who opined that "opinions are lke assholes...everyone's gt one." Even though I explicitly asked that opinions be kept out of this thread, some still cannot resist. you have certianly proven that you have an opinion. now, i defer to the aformentioned quote for you to figure the rest out.

always good to be a part of a famly like the jk-forum.

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood