Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood

Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SAJeepthing
The oil companies will do whatever they can to keep the gas flowin. But why aren't hydrogen conversions bigger. The real kits and not the $100 kits have been proven but noone want to put them in cars. They want 300lb batteries with limited range. But I guess that helps the electric company charge you money too. You know Disney wanted to install the monorail system from Orange to LA county back in the 50's when he openned Disneyland. It's proelled by magnets so no gas, or electricity and no car sales. So look at what the big 3 did and now So Cal sells more cars than enywhere else in the world. I hate saying it but it sure sounds like a payoff to me.
Can you say "Conspiracy Theory"?

First, hydrogen takes a bunch of power to produce. Today, most power comes from oil or coal fired plants. 100 miles on hydrogen power actually produces more hydrocarbons than the same 100 miles on gasoline. Until there are clean ways of producing electricity, hydrogen is just a dream.

What "$100 kits" are you talking about???

Do you have any idea where battery technology is today? The most advanced technology Li-Ion has serious drawbacks. You've heard of all of the laptop fires, right? Aircraft builders are putting Li-Ion batteries on airplanes, but the charging circuitry is considered critical since the batteries can catch fire. There's a long way to go in battery technology.

The Disney monorail was an early mag-lev idea. Yes, the train is suspended and propelled by magnetic forces, but it takes massive amounts of electricity to run.

Seeing that more cars sold in the US come from someone other than the Big 3, I'd say that theory is all wet too.

Check your facts before you rant!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the 50's when disney opened name the other car manufacturers that were selling cars in LA. Also what happened to the subway system that had started construction back then? It wasn't til 30-40years later before they built the Metrolink.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah the battery technology isn't that great. You still only get 300 miles in range after the gas motor kicks in to continually charge as you drive. To replace batteries is ridiculous if you keep it that long after you already spent more for the car in the beginning. Where's the savings over gas? If you just want to be green than great for you. The tax credit doesn't even apply to half the hybrids because they dont meet the requirements set by the government, and I say half because there are some that do. The gas mileage on hybrids isn't what they ever say unless you totally stay away from the high speed driving. You still need the fossil fuel car to drive any distances. So I say again where's the savings.
If you read the reviews on Hybrids you'll see they aren't that great anyway. The Volt which is supposed to be so amazing isn't. When using the gas motor you're in the mid 30s MPG wise. You cant go that far on pure EV it's just not that great. The testers cant get passed 30 miles on the freeway or 50 miles on the streets. The Prius is right there with it. But starting at a base price of $40k for a Volt I'll take a Rubicon at $35k loaded. I figure by the time you option out your Volt you're at $43k+ without Four Wheel drive or a removeable top, who wants it. So I'll take the extra $8k and my Rubicon and enjoy the first 3 years of free gas from my savings then go enjoy some four wheeling on my favorite trails. Of coarse this is just an opinion.

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood