Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood

Old 08-23-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mounted my Fitch Fuel Catalyst between my HHO Mason Jar and my neodymium fuel magnets...

Of course I'm also using a Tornado Vortex Generator Fuel Saver as well....

Before anyone buys a product like a "fuel catalyst" they should spend an afternoon down at the bookstore or library and read some books about chemistry and physics. What I'd really like to do is buy one, crack it open and have the contents sent away to be analyzed. Probably full of rat turds, lead sinkers and gummy bears....

I'm serious about the lead though, I'd bet anything thats the primary component of this piece of garbage. Lead will boost octane but on modern cars it whacks out the emissions catalyst which would explain why people see initial results followed by declining gas mileage...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Mark.......I don't really understand that statement. Look how the Superchip programmer gets better performance out of the 3.8. Why isn't it tuned that way from the get go?
Because the difference in mileage isn't enough to worry about.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Mark.......I don't really understand that statement. Look how the Superchip programmer gets better performance out of the 3.8. Why isn't it tuned that way from the get go?
I have tried to answer this question many times, but I keep coming up with several different answers. This topic alone would be worthy of a thread all by itself.

Many can speculate as to why the JK, like so many other computer controlled vehicles, do not come from the factory with power programmers, modified intake systems, and of course, fuel enhancement systems. I believe I can narrow down the reasons to one simple answer. Manufacturing costs. Keep it affordable enough for the general population to purchase.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by remmons
I have tried to answer this question many times, but I keep coming up with several different answers. This topic alone would be worthy of a thread all by itself.

Many can speculate as to why the JK, like so many other computer controlled vehicles, do not come from the factory with power programmers, modified intake systems, and of course, fuel enhancement systems. I believe I can narrow down the reasons to one simple answer. Manufacturing costs. Keep it affordable enough for the general population to purchase.
Keep it at the highest price customers are willing to pay while using the cheapest parts available to net larger incomes.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Locklain
Keep it at the highest price customers are willing to pay while using the cheapest parts available to net larger incomes.
100% true! That's the reason the JK's come with cheap @ss plastic bumpers. In fact the stock rear bumper has no metal in it at all it's ALL plastic!

Last edited by whpony96; 09-21-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remmons

price is always the case. it can be done because with the vipers v10 it took superchip almost 2 years to come up with a programmer because they did such a good job in the first place. and from what i heard the differnece is only noticable on paper via a dyno.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is a wonderful thing, that as Americans, if we want to put a Fitch whatever under our hood, we our able to do so. Even if most of us think it's a load of crap. I love this country!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

It doesn't help that JP magazine ran an article about how the Fitch Fuel module gave them an increase in gas mileage after they installed one on their vehicle.

Win
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wintweedie
It doesn't help that JP magazine ran an article about how the Fitch Fuel module gave them an increase in gas mileage after they installed one on their vehicle.

Win
If someone were to pay me off I would write whatever they wanted.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
I put mine next to the Majic bean bag holder and just to the left of the snake oil container ...
lol! spilled my beer reading that one...

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst Placement under JK Rubicon Hood