Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fog light bulb

Old 11-16-2014, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bulbs

which do you think would be brighter? 2502, with the base modified, or SMD bulb? I can't seem to find the wattage on the 5202 bulbs, but I would assume that it won't be an issue with the SMD bulb. Also, the regular bulbs will throw some heat, and the SMD ones won't, so snow buildup is a concern...this site makes me think to much...thanks for the input.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CbtEngr
I've had these for a while now. Just need to slice off one tab as it seems to be on the wrong side. No other modifications needed. Pics in my profile.

Amazon.com: Nokya Hyper Yellow H16 9009 5202 Foglight Bulbs: Automotive
aren't these bulbs rated to much for that circuit? thought is was a 24w limit?
Old 12-12-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

believe it or not, these not only work awesome in the OEM bumper but in my Expedition One side-wings they were a perfect match; interchangable H4 bulbs to whatever color or wattage you desire....they are actually driving lights and to be fair you asked about fogs, but as a fellow JK owner I know you arent using them just for the fog.....they are worth ever bit of the small amount of $ . You could put amber 55w H3s in 'em.....but you'll like them too much the way they help with the cruddy OEM headlamps....

Quick Reply: fog light bulb