Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper modification question/help

Old 02-03-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky5
I believe I may try to sell it first and see how that goes. Out of curiosity, what would you ask? I think I paid in the neighborhood of $1200.00 when I bought it. It's just over a year old. No rust and only one scrap (slid down the fork on a forklift.) on the lower part of it.
Northridge is selling that brand new for $1k, but unfinished. If you have a nice powder coating job on it, I'd think ~$900 would be fair; however, everyone's opinion gonna be different. Throw it out there for a little under $1k highlighting that it's finished, and see if you get any nibbles. Will mainly just depend on your local market as shipping elsewhere would probably run an additional $125 - $150 for someone.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Smittybilt XRC Gen2 sits low and at least looks good. I've had the SRC for 2 winters now and it is holding up pretty well to Canadian winter salt/gravel. I've hit and dragged it on rocks and it just needed some touch up paint. Their MOD bumper is a little smaller but still sits recessed and lets you put a stinger on.

Both are inexpensive and could be purchased with the proceeds of selling your current bumper.

Quick Reply: Front bumper modification question/help