Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction Ultimate 3”, two unasked questions.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, my coputer has a major problem and will not be working for several more days. I'm on the college computer now. I tested my jeep yesterday and the chirp was gone. They said they had ONLY replaced the throwout bearing. I hope that will be a permanent fix. Unfortunatly they had done nothing with the heater problem. It had to go back in for that. They have had it for two weeks, and counting.
I plan on starting the install of the lift when it gets back. Wish me luck & good luck to all of you too.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
Hey Cheaper,

I was thinking of installing my own 3" ulitmate lift on my JK. Just wondering if your done and if it was hard to do? Special tools? How long did it take you?

Thanks for your time.
I installed mine. I was working alone and it took about 10-11 hours. The kit goes to together fairly easily, but for some one who has never installed such a kit the instructions are kind of lacking.

There were no real specialty tools required although a spring compressor would make things easier. I was surprised to find a number of both metric and standard hardware on the Jeep.

Quick Reply: Full Traction Ultimate 3”, two unasked questions.