Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gears installed today - rubi lockers always locked

Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack this thread, but did I understand correctly that some after market covers may affect the operation of the lockers? My dealer installed my 513s and everything works properly, however, I'm about to drain the oil and put Riddler covers on with new oil. Am I going to have engagement issues with them?

Thanks and good info here!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

I am glad yours was that easy, Great thread!!!!

Chido
Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Picked it up yesterday and everything is fixed. The sensors were installed wrong. The mechanic caught it very quickly and was able to set it straight without damaging the sensors. Thanks to the detailed information gathered from the feedback on the forum I'm back in commission.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wvhasty
Picked it up yesterday and everything is fixed. The sensors were installed wrong. The mechanic caught it very quickly and was able to set it straight without damaging the sensors. Thanks to the detailed information gathered from the feedback on the forum, I'm back in commission.
Great to hear there was a happy ending, wvhasty!!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default they work

Originally Posted by Crasher
Not to hijack this thread, but did I understand correctly that some after market covers may affect the operation of the lockers? My dealer installed my 513s and everything works properly, however, I'm about to drain the oil and put Riddler covers on with new oil. Am I going to have engagement issues with them?

Thanks and good info here!
Now, while my rear POS stock locker does not work, nor ever has since buying it from a private seller, my front locker DOES work just fine with the Riddler cover.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Crasher,

If you don't mind my asking, what did your dealer charge to install 5.13s?

Quick Reply: Gears installed today - rubi lockers always locked