Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help me choose a new front bumper.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a new front bumper.

Help me choose a new front bumber for my 2011 Black Ops. JKU. I will be mounting a Warn Powerplant on it. I have three choices in mind.

# 1-Expedition One JK Core Series Front Bumper
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=EX-Core_FrontBumper_JK

# 2-LOD Signature Series Shorty Front Bumper
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=LOD-SSS1005

# 3-Poison Spyder JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper w/Brawler Bar
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=PS-17-59-010-B

I am a big fan of the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite, but my concern is that the winch mount is on top compared to the other two in which it mounts between frame rails. The powerplant in a hugh winch and would block alot of the radiator surface mounted on the Poison Spyder bumber. Has anyone experienced any issues with something such as this. I live in Oklahoma which gets pretty warm and I do some light towing with my jeep. I don't want to have overheating issues due to this. Any comments or advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
JK Freak

Rugged ridge xhd, that's the way to go.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like all 3, but I agree with you that getting the winch lower is probably better in the long run. Tough call between the LoD and expedition 1. They are both excellent quality and pretty damn sexy. I think that call would have to cone down to which one can u get a deal on. JMO.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7
I looked at that one as it's readily available to buy here in the UK from several importers. The quality of one installed on a colleague's JK, however, just wasn't up to scratch and he was forced to re-work some bits and re-coat.

I went with the LOD mid-width with the extra powder coating. I'd rather pay twice the price (and did) and get something that will last and I'll be happy with.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank y'all for the input. I am pretty torn between LOD or Expedition one. Looks like I am going to be doing some price shopping.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OKJK11
Help me choose a new front bumber for my 2011 Black Ops. JKU. I will be mounting a Warn Powerplant on it. I have three choices in mind.

# 1-Expedition One JK Core Series Front Bumper
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...FrontBumper_JK

# 2-LOD Signature Series Shorty Front Bumper
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...od=LOD-SSS1005

# 3-Poison Spyder JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper w/Brawler Bar
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...PS-17-59-010-B

I am a big fan of the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite, but my concern is that the winch mount is on top compared to the other two in which it mounts between frame rails. The powerplant in a hugh winch and would block alot of the radiator surface mounted on the Poison Spyder bumber. Has anyone experienced any issues with something such as this. I live in Oklahoma which gets pretty warm and I do some light towing with my jeep. I don't want to have overheating issues due to this. Any comments or advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
I like the LOD personally. Have you considered going with a VIAIR onboard air setup and just running a Warn Winch instead of the power plant? Thats my plan. One thing I have always considered when buying a dual purpose item (TV/VCR, VCR/DVD player, etc) is if one breaks can I live without the other while it is being fixed.

Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7
Weird I didn't read that as an option.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have seriously considered onboard air instead of the powerplant. I guess the only thing pushing me towards the powerplant is the fact that it is only a couple hundred dollars more then the Warn 9.5tci. You do have a valid point the fact that when you loose one you loose both.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Poison spider bro! The other two look to wide for the jeep. When I look at the front of a jeep I want to see ALL of the tire, and when I look at a bumper I want it to have some gnarly angles in that thing!! Just look at the spider, it has some awesome angles to it!!!! plus it has a SPIDER cut into the front! lol. If I had that kind of money, I'd get the Spider!! Good luck on your search and let us know what you decide on, and by all means, send pics!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with the LOD. No real reasons except that I've heard nothing bad about their products and I personally like the look better than the other two.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank guys for the input. The last two posts have really got me thinking Poison Spyder, standard winch, and onboard air. The poison spyder would by far be my first choice if I wasn't concerned with covering so much of the radiator with the powerplant.

Quick Reply: Help me choose a new front bumper.