Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Powerplant won't fit on Rugged Ridge Bumper

Old 03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Powerplant won't fit on Rugged Ridge Bumper

I purchased the Rugged Ridge Modular Bumper with the stinger and installed it on my Rubi. Weeks later I received my Warn PP HD winch. I have also purchased the blocks that go under the winch. After hours of fitting and squeezing and pondering, i have come to the realization that the Powerplant does NOT fit on the Rugged Ridge Bumper. The cut-out is not wide enough so that the winch can move another inch towards the passenger side. The winch is not made wrong, so i'm wondering if maybe my bumper is cut out wrong or a "bad one" or something.... Please if anyone has had any experience with with this combo or has any suggestions, PLEASE PLEASE holla back!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jmontgomery123
I purchased the Rugged Ridge Modular Bumper with the stinger and installed it on my Rubi. Weeks later I received my Warn PP HD winch. I have also purchased the blocks that go under the winch. After hours of fitting and squeezing and pondering, i have come to the realization that the Powerplant does NOT fit on the Rugged Ridge Bumper. The cut-out is not wide enough so that the winch can move another inch towards the passenger side. The winch is not made wrong, so i'm wondering if maybe my bumper is cut out wrong or a "bad one" or something.... Please if anyone has had any experience with with this combo or has any suggestions, PLEASE PLEASE holla back!!

Here is the description straight off Quadratec's site:

"The revolutionary bumper system that literally allows you to design
& build your own custom bumper. Modular Add-on to the Center
Base section allows you create the styling & function right for you.
Available with integrated winch mount for most popular winches
including WARN® PowerPlant (with optional mounting blocks)."

I would be calling whomever you purchased from, or Rugged Ridge themselves.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

i bought it from Quadratec... based on the statement that it was made for the Powerplant winch. That is why it seems so odd that it wouldn't fit. Thats why i'm trying to find out if i'm the only one or if there is a trick to it or something.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is no trick to it, you have to purchase the separate mounting blocks for the Powerplant. It's listed on the Rugged Ridge website in the installation instructions and I believe also on the Quadratec's. Luckily, it's a quick fix for you.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

The original poster said he has the mounting blocks, and that it still doesn't fit. Sounds like time for a phone call, first to Quadratec, and then to Rugged Ridge.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

ToTheWall has also installed a PP in his. Might PM him too. This thread, last post:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+plant&page=18
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Getting the bolts to fit???? i havent even got the WINCH to fit!! i am trying to push it over as far as it will go to the passenger side so that the drum is alligned with the fairlead. As it sits, it is touching on the pass side against the bumper and the stinger, and one inch of the drum is past the fairlead to the right, meaning if i was to unspool the cable, it wouldnt spool back up onto the entire drum. I need about another inch or inch and a half room in the bumper cut out and the stinger moved over that much to get the winch drum to properly line up.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD vs HP?

When I bought my Powerplant (for a different bumper) there were two to choose from, the "HP" (for Jeeping, according to Warn) and the "HD" (for farm-type work, again according to Warn).

In your post you mentioned you got the HD. I wonder if these "models" of the powerplant are different sizes, and if so, if that could be the cause of fitment issues?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

I hav the winch but Im still waiting on the bumper and spacers, I hope I dont have a problem too.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

The HP and HD are supposed to be exactly the same size, just different cable size and length, and different gearing... so, that shouldnt make a diff....

Try again..... lol

Quick Reply: Help! Powerplant won't fit on Rugged Ridge Bumper