Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's My CB and Antennae Mount

Old 02-15-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dougr5150
I watched this video several times but I can not see the taser.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11.../Gas_Pump_Fire
That's pretty funny that the static thing came up, cause that was my first inclination, to point out the relative danger of static discharge, vs. any other electronics device.

Then I remebered seeing the Mythbuster segment in which they really did have a bit of trouble getting the vapors to ignite.

I still say you're more likely to be struck by lightning while refueling than to have your cellphone ignite the gas vapors.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey ,don't forget the "dragging the plastic gas can across your bed liner of a pick-up"....supposed to remove the can totally from the truck rather than fill it while itt sits on the tailgate. :toung:
Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would comment, but I need better photos.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
I still say you're more likely to be struck by lightning while refueling than to have your cellphone ignite the gas vapors.
I agree with that, I also find it hard to believe that my cell phone or CD player can cause problems with an airplane. If it was that easy they would be on the ban list with my deodorant and toothpaste.

But anyways back on topic, I built a metal bracket to hold my cb antenna but I put it on the inside of the license plate holder. The only problem now is that the plastic insert does not sit flush so I will have to make some modifications
Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

re: the cell phone/gas station myth, there is a good writeup by snopes here that should dispel this once and for all -- the Mythbusters show was interesting, but they can be a bit.... well... unscientific at times.

re: the CB mount -- isnt' the back shell of the license plate holder plastic? I would be worried about it torquing it out of shape in that case. Presumably you guys have seen this thread which details one guy's solution (which he's selling -- no affiliation to me) where he uses a small metal bracket inside the frame to mount it. Just wondering why you didn't go that route? price?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

yeah, $80 for his solution, vs. $8.99 for mine. With the aluminum braket on top of the license plate holder and the antennae itself going through the bracket, it's actually pretty sturdy.

Quick Reply: Here's My CB and Antennae Mount