Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi lift mount suggestions

Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi lift mount suggestions

Hey guys I bought a hi lift jack from our local tractor supply with a handle isolator and am looking for the best way to mount it up. My setup now is a bare bonz pure jeep bumper and stock rear bumper. I have seen the mounts that put it in the back on the roll bars but not a fan of that as most i have seen say you have to remove the jack to put the soft top up and down. What are some other good options. I like the rancho rear bumper with the tire carrier but I do not see me getting a rear bumper any time soon( lift and front bumper and drive shafts have wiped me out lol). So what are some good options???
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Post HiLift jack mount

I like mine across the hood on the hood hinge mount. Keeps it out of the water and is handy to get to when in the mud, etc....
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Do a search for Hi lift and you'll find a thread talking about the in -the-Jeep mount system that Woods sells. Looks great to me. Keeps the jack out of the weather.

Only wish it sat lower so it wouldn't interfere with a fastback soft top... still might buy it and try to modify it... great idea to keep the jack out of the weather.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

In your situation, I opted for the Tough Stuff Hi-lift Hood Mount. Here's my write up on it:

ToughStuff Hi-lift Hood Mount Write-up

I must say, it does give the Jeep an aggressive look from the front ...

The big disadvantage is that getting the jack off or on is a two-person job. And there's slight risk of damage to the hood if someone mishandles the jack. For those reasons I will be moving mine to my soon-to-be-installed Shrockworks rear bumper. The ToughStuff mount can also be used for an axe and shovel. I'm undecided on whether I will do that or not once I move the Hi-lift.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Under Back Seat

I have taken to sliding the Hi Lift under my back seat. It fits snugly there but does not allow me to lower those seats. It takes a little finesse to slide the jack in. Plus it requires that I can open the back door when I need to use it so I have to carefully plan when and were I get stuck.

I had an issue like this where I needed to use my winch and had the controller in the rear storage trunck, under the camping gear, with the rear bumper up against a bolder so that I couldn't open the tailgate. It turned into a "lessons learned" opportunity.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a trailer hitch?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like mine on my hood. The river raider set up is sweet!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeperDude
... I had an issue like this where I needed to use my winch and had the controller in the rear storage trunck, under the camping gear, with the rear bumper up against a bolder so that I couldn't open the tailgate. It turned into a "lessons learned" opportunity.
I laugh at the mall crawlers in their waxed shiny, lifted, oversized-tired, 4WD pick-up trucks that I see all around town. If they ever had a flat on a trail, they'd understand why a real 4WD vehicle does NOT put the spare tire under the vehicle. Now, about my winch controller--maybe I'll be rethinking storing it in the cubby. LOL.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JeeperDude
I have taken to sliding the Hi Lift under my back seat. It fits snugly there but does not allow me to lower those seats. It takes a little finesse to slide the jack in. Plus it requires that I can open the back door when I need to use it so I have to carefully plan when and were I get stuck.

I had an issue like this where I needed to use my winch and had the controller in the rear storage trunck, under the camping gear, with the rear bumper up against a bolder so that I couldn't open the tailgate. It turned into a "lessons learned" opportunity.
same thing here, I was hanging off a cliff in moab, and needed my controller..

lessoned learned. Luckly someone else had the same winch
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the one i'm getting from Rampage products

Quick Reply: Hi lift mount suggestions