Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Remote Starter a year after buying the jeep... can they still install this?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Remote Starter a year after buying the jeep... can they still install this?

Has anyone gone back to the dealer and gotten a automatic/remote starter? I like the idea of just having the starter built into the key rather then having an additional FOB for a starter.

What do they charge? Is it worth it over an aftermarket one?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

I had a factory one installed at my dealer, would have done it from the factory but it wasn't an option on the sport. If I remember correctly it was right around $500. Works every time. I've never had an aftermarket one so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At this point I wouldn't even consider a dealer install. Viper makes a remote start that you can start it with your Android/iPhone. And be a hell of a lot further away. When I'm at work I have to park way the hell out there, and a key fob remote start not going to even come close to reaching it. But with the viper I can start it from anywhere on the planet so long as I have a phone signal.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
At this point I wouldn't even consider a dealer install. Viper makes a remote start that you can start it with your Android/iPhone. And be a hell of a lot further away. When I'm at work I have to park way the hell out there, and a key fob remote start not going to even come close to reaching it. But with the viper I can start it from anywhere on the planet so long as I have a phone signal.
Although AWESOME it's also $1k to have installed and have a monthly service fee too. All depends on what you wanna spend. If you have the money I'd go Viper but if your the kinda person that hates additional fees every month then maybe try the dealer.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the Omega installed on my 2010 with the intention of adding CarLink which enables you to start, stop, roll your windows up/down right from your phone. Total for Omega remote start was $250 installed. CarLink is an additional $175 plus $50 for a yearly subscription.

Anyway, don't think I'll be adding CarLink any time soon. My Omega remote is tiny and works from 1/4 mile away, even around corners or from my desk on the 11th floor of my office building.

Love the Omega remote start. You should check it out
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hadn't checked prices in awhile for viper. Plus the one I had on my mustang I had a local dealer install. Mine was about $600 I think at the time.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

I bought my jeep with the factory command start and also had my Drone Mobile starter installed for free. I only pay $50 a year for the services which is nothing and it works great. The second starter doesn't affect the factory remote! The factory starter was $300 and drone was delt in with the purchase!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am getting this installed in my 2013. It was the only option that I didn't get, since I bought one of a dealer lot.
I just checked with the dealership, and it's $540 installed. I'll have it done when my first oil change is due.

They also said some JK's's are not able to get the Mopar version installed later, as the wiring is only set up on some models (he didn't know why..)
I assume it has to do with other factory installed options.
But then again, this information comes from someone working at a dealership, so there is no guarantee that the info is correct.....!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the factory one and it sucks. I need to be within 100 feet and direct line of sight and even then it's a crap shoot. I would have gotten the viper/iPhone app had I known it would be this bad.

Quick Reply: Jeep Remote Starter a year after buying the jeep... can they still install this?