Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeetops / Beware

Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do they attach? Are you sure it's not the adhesive? Looking at them on Youtube, they looked like they install similar to a sunroof, and that would mean laying a consistent seal of adhesive to keep the water out. Are you sure you installed them correctly?

NVM, it looks like they sell the whole top. Looks like maybe they did a shitty install, lol. I bet if you are mildly handy you can seal it up yourself, or keep fighting with them.

Last edited by ballsdeep; 03-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow x2
1st wow for a leak after paying so much money, cause those tops aren't cheap
2nd wow for lousy response from the owner of jeetops.

People are growing dependent of these reviews on the forums, and those companies need to understand that if they want a successful product. Ty for the info on the top and I know what I won't be buying for my jeep. Hope u are able to recover your money or repair their poor craftsmanship.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like it would be a nice DIY product.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Only a fool and his money shall soon part. No Seriously...I never have to worry about this because while they look super cool. ... I'm super cheap. YouTube bro. Get the word out. They'll make it right.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man...i'd be pissed. Thanks for posting the dealio on this b.s. product and service.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, the "advertisement" from jkf's newest member mentions a 5 year warranty. This would seem to apply here. Did you buy direct? Or through a vendor like quadratic?

I try to buy from vendors rather than direct. Places like NR are easier to deal with on warranty items.

Hope this gets cleared up for you soon. If it was me, I'd be driving to their location and making a proper request for warranty.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those things are pretty expensive too, right?

I will just continue to pop my beat up freedom panels on and off between rainy days.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4X4baby
Hi---- I first saw JeeTops on a few Wranglers at some Jeep dealers here in southern Ct. After talking to some Jeep sales guys I went to the website to learn more.... I was blown away by how "cool" they were and what an open feeling there was in the Wrangler..
even just sitting in it on the showroom floor.. Wow!

I spoke to the JeeTops manufacturer and also Quadratec before purchasing them... Both sources were great!! There is a 5yr/50,000 mile warrantee... and I know the guys at Quadratec don't fool around and wouldn't get involved with a crappy product....

I've been driving around (about 6 months) with the front JeeTops in my 2010 Rubicon and loving every minute of it! No more driving "in a cave" with the hard top on for me!..... : )
Sounds a bit fishy. First post and joined right after the OP posted his review??? I was thinking about getting some, but yeah, ill wait until further guinea pigs try them out first. For that kind of money, they better stand behind the product.

Thank you to the OP, saved me a headache, hope it works out for you.

Last edited by NewOldSchool; 03-28-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default all made up

Originally Posted by Globaljeeper
My experience with them, thought I would pass it on. Purchased jeetops, they leak like a waterfall ! Company blames it on sealant that holds there top to factory top. Is this not tested first ? Here is pictures of our flooded jeep and jeetops won't stand behind it. please beware, seems it is being run out of a garage. Chris the owner will tell you to sue him and hang up. We are !
its sad the form is being used to hurt a great product and company that has a 100% customer satisfaction . it is sad that people are taken in by fabricated lies . this person is jerry j the president of global performance/off road & diesel in Raleigh.his mgr. jerry ( yes two jerrys) said his boss has issue's , at the time we dident understand what he meant . global is no longer a dealer for jeetops because of them not folling their dealer agreement or normal business protocol's in communication or paying bills timely . what adds more insult, is that I enjoyed taking he and his wife for dinner and played at length with their newfoundland Rottweiler mix dog pictured .and spending time training jerry j since the boss wanted first hand experience . the pictures in question were at OUR REQUEST taken 10 months ago of there demo truck (we have the same from him) .. we are in a lawsuit with sika adhesives co for selling jeetops bad urethane and not having tested it as there lab admitted .. just last month sika publicly announced the complete reformulation of there 295uv urethane .. further admission of bad product ! 12 months ago DOW automotive systems came to us and did 2 and a half months of testing before releasing there urethane for use to us in jeetops .. we received from DOW white papers of the testing and achieved a 100% bond rate .. the same testing for DOT and insurance required by GM, FORD , CHRYSLER , FRIGHTLINER and others . (we will provide these on request) we replaced close to 500 sets of tops and DOW is all we use now . jerry j was completely a where of the situation and was asked to get the DOW in stock and fix his demo since at the time he was the exclusive jeetop dealer in his region . he said no problem . after months of calling and no straight answers we told them we could no longer have them as a dealer. that's around the time he posted this thread . to answer the other question we are in two building's 24,000sf and 12,000 sf Goggle maps works well .and never did a conversation come up about suing but now the new issue should be some very lose screws being taken care of .
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by autojeep
its sad the form is being used to hurt a great product and company that has a 100% customer satisfaction . it is sad that people are taken in by fabricated lies . this person is jerry j the president of global performance/off road & diesel in Raleigh.his mgr. jerry ( yes two jerrys) said his boss has issue's , at the time we dident understand what he meant . global is no longer a dealer for jeetops because of them not folling their dealer agreement or normal business protocol's in communication or paying bills timely . what adds more insult, is that I enjoyed taking he and his wife for dinner and played at length with their newfoundland Rottweiler mix dog pictured .and spending time training jerry j since the boss wanted first hand experience . the pictures in question were at OUR REQUEST taken 10 months ago of there demo truck (we have the same from him) .. we are in a lawsuit with sika adhesives co for selling jeetops bad urethane and not having tested it as there lab admitted .. just last month sika publicly announced the complete reformulation of there 295uv urethane .. further admission of bad product ! 12 months ago DOW automotive systems came to us and did 2 and a half months of testing before releasing there urethane for use to us in jeetops .. we received from DOW white papers of the testing and achieved a 100% bond rate .. the same testing for DOT and insurance required by GM, FORD , CHRYSLER , FRIGHTLINER and others . (we will provide these on request) we replaced close to 500 sets of tops and DOW is all we use now . jerry j was completely a where of the situation and was asked to get the DOW in stock and fix his demo since at the time he was the exclusive jeetop dealer in his region . he said no problem . after months of calling and no straight answers we told them we could no longer have them as a dealer. that's around the time he posted this thread . to answer the other question we are in two building's 24,000sf and 12,000 sf Goggle maps works well .and never did a conversation come up about suing but now the new issue should be some very lose screws being taken care of .
This all may be true and Jeetops may be the best business around but Jesus man, how about some punctuation, capitalization and spell check? I didn't even bother to finish reading that mess.

Quick Reply: Jeetops / Beware