Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just level with me

Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
JPB
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
What's the caster and toe set at? I would ditch either the control arms or the correction brackets and get a new alignment. Have you tried rotating tires front to rear?
yes i have rotated tires and even tried a different set of tires, still pulled right... I did not get a print out after the last alignment (I had someone do it after I installed and adjusted the control arms) they just told me the toe was off a little but I know the caster is like 3.5 or so.. I dont think it ever got back to the spec of 4.2 and 4.4

Last edited by JPB; 01-05-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM
JPB
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by foo.c
Man that's a lot. I'm surprised they could even get it to bolt up like that. Do you adjustable upper CAs too?
no adjustable uppers
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
JPB
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joe002
No, it's not. You want it square, right? As Mschneid said get an Adjustable Track Bar and that will make the tires sit perfectly square on the frame/under the body

You want it to drive straight, right? As foo.c said set the LCAs to the same length and check the toe.

Since you want it square and want it to drive right you need to do both.
think joe002 is right.. and I think all of you guys are too.. I think I need an adj. track bar, LCA's the same length, and double check the toe..

I suppose I may have mis stated my intentions of this thread in the original post....

again thanks for all the help and sorry for the confusion... still learning!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPB

yes i have rotated tires and even tried a different set of tires, still pulled right... I did not get a print out after the last alignment (I had someone do it after I installed and adjusted the control arms) they just told me the toe was off a little but I know the caster is like 3.5 or so.. I dont think it ever got back to the spec of 4.2 and 4.4
With correction brackets and adjustable arms there's no reason you can't get caster better than that.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Good luck. Lets us know how it works out. The only other I thing can think of is to make sure to use the same holes on both drop brackets.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
JPB
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by foo.c
Good luck. Lets us know how it works out. The only other I thing can think of is to make sure to use the same holes on both drop brackets.
will do. thanks again

Quick Reply: Just level with me