Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N

Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped one in when I did my exhaust, didn't really notice anything, I just figured if it was a bit less restrictive, then cool, and I figured I would have a filter for the life of the vehicle. But, like most of us, I wanted more for my jk. Convinced that with my exhaust and air filter I should have had more of a gain, I decided to go a step further. I installed a banks ram air. Guess what? Despite what alot of people say, I now notice the effect of these mods. More throttle, more sound, smoother performance, hopefully better mpg, time will tell. Overall I'm satisfied.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJM12
I dropped one in when I did my exhaust, didn't really notice anything, I just figured if it was a bit less restrictive, then cool, and I figured I would have a filter for the life of the vehicle. But, like most of us, I wanted more for my jk. Convinced that with my exhaust and air filter I should have had more of a gain, I decided to go a step further. I installed a banks ram air. Guess what? Despite what alot of people say, I now notice the effect of these mods. More throttle, more sound, smoother performance, hopefully better mpg, time will tell. Overall I'm satisfied.
The placebo effect of sound. While I'm sure it does something as Banks makes quality gear, the growl I used to make pushing Tonka Toys through the sandbox always seemed to make them more powerful as well. Vroom Vrroom.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPop

The placebo effect of sound. While I'm sure it does something as Banks makes quality gear, the growl I used to make pushing Tonka Toys through the sandbox always seemed to make them more powerful as well. Vroom Vrroom.
Well not exactly, I had my exhaust on for months only good difference was the sound because I actually felt some power loss. With the banks I didn't get any increase in sound, my exhaust was already louder than anything I could hear coming from the intake. But like I said with the exhaust and this, I do notice some improvement. Is it a supercharger.....no! Lol! Perhaps all I did was restore what I lost when I did my exhaust, not sure? But I'm happy with my choice to do this mod.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I have put K&N in all my vehicles for the past ten years. I like the fact that for the cost of only two paper filiters, I have the a very nice reusable filter.

I personally could not use anything but the drop in, when I hit water, the entire engine compartment is completely soaked. Coarse I it the water as fast as I can some times .

I didn't really notice and bust in power.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the risk of sounding like a pirates parrot the filter will provide a nice reusable solution that will eventually pay for itself assuming you plan on holding on to the Jeep and that's about it imho. I have a K&N drop-in in one Jeep and an aFe pro dry s with silver bullet in another. Respone is better, sounds better ...gains ...not so much. Have not tried a cat back yet but it's on the list.

Quick Reply: K&N