Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K & N Filter

Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clean mine twice a year. Never had a problem even with a snorkel and no pre filter.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I put a airaid cai on a 3.8 and it made a improvement . made the engine breath better. a little more power. I since have used a K&N filer with this system. So yes it does work. So make sure u wait till it is dry or just buy another one and have a 2 filter rotation.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
So this has led me to a new question or query. Looking for peoples opinions here. Is the amount of "dirt" being let through by the K&N to the point of being damaging to your engine?
As previously stated, I've had a K&N CAI on the Lancer for 8 years. Never an issue.
Not unless you are in extremely dusty conditions. I'm very happy with mine. Well worth the price
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live in a wet humid environment. Never an issue with dust. I think I'm sold on it. Thanks guys. Cheers
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
U can't go wrong with a K&N filter..... There's a reason they are used in NASCAR, NASTRUCK, NHRA, INDY, and many other local racers use it.
All vehicles who see engine rebuilds or replacements several times a year :p

Where I live is generally wet and humid (Gulf Coast of Alabama) but still saw a buildup inside. That dirt might take many years to build up to a problem but I am paranoid about the longevity of my engine. It bothers me that the dirt is getting in so I stick to paper filters.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

I have installed many K&N full cone style air intake systems on all my other vehicles. On my JK I optioned to go with the K&N drop in filter. After 2 years installed with multiple cleanings it still works great. I haven't seen any MPG improvements but in the JK the inlet tube for the stock air box is on the topside allowing you to in theory go into water up to the top of yor fender. This is why I chose the K&N drop in for the JK. Keep the connections tight no dust!

Quick Reply: K & N Filter