Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

KM2 owners

Old 01-29-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Km2's has good grip on the rocks and great wear. 20k miles and more than half the tread is still there. They run small my 35's were a hair taller than my friends with goodyear mtr's 33's.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

I love my 37 km2's!! they do great in the rocks and served me well on rocks covered in snow!! My rig is my daily driver, but I only drive 2.5 miles to work in a straight line,, and I'm not picky,, so I love them.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

I got 33x12.5R15 I have been running the for a year n a bit. I rotate every oil change. Have preformed admirable, only bad thing I have too say on the topic is I have them mounted on steelies and they are damn heavy. For 33's that is!

My next tire is going too be 35" GY dirty tracks! Ill be keeping my KM2's for my XJ

Ps I do live in canada and have too say stopping/turning on ice is like driving on hockey pucks!!

Last edited by CanadianJeeperEh; 01-29-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CanadianJeeperEh
I got 33x12.5R15 I have been running the for a year n a bit. I rotate every oil change. Have preformed admirable, only bad thing I have too say on the topic is I have them mounted on steelies and they are damn heavy. For 33's that is! My next tire is going too be 35" GY dirty tracks! Ill be keeping my KM2's for my XJ Ps I do live in canada and have too say stopping/turning on ice is like driving on hockey pucks!!
I live in vancouver. Whats snow? Lol. I heard km2's are light and from my research findings, they're pretty light
Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

My last set of KM2's were 285's and I will say I was extremely impressed with them on snowy roads. For a mud tire with absolutely no siping I could not have been happier. From experience though, I do believe the 285's are about the max width for a decent "on-road" snow tire... 12.5's are just too wide and they tend to push/slide around on the slush more than just driving through it.

I suppose if you do a lot of on-road snow driving you could always go to a tire shop and have the tread fully siped. It will turn a mud tire into a much safer on road tire, that's for sure. But, I do think it will allow the tire to wear a bit quicker too.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikestoick
When it is said that km2s suck in snow, is that to say they slide on a thin layer of snow so they suck or that they cant go through deep deep drifts of snow. Always confused when people say "suck in snow," define "snow" i guess.
I cant speak for everyone, but I would say most that are implying that they "suck in the snow" are directing the performance to the on-road snow driving only. Driving on hard packed snowy/icy roads is much more difficult for a mud terrain than busting through several feet of powder in a field.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 35" Km2's do great Offroad. They are good in deeper snow but not so good if there is only an inch or two on the ground. They run really small for a 35" tire measuring only About 33.5". And Nobody can get my Km2's balanced correctly so I always have a slite wobble on the highway. So I'm not really impressed with them on the road after 6k miles.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I ran them in 37" and had them siped. The siping did a tremendous job at helping in the snow and rain. Help up well, lighter tire, but run small. Overall a very good choice.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nwapache
I ran them in 37" and had them siped. The siping did a tremendous job at helping in the snow and rain. Help up well, lighter tire, but run small. Overall a very good choice.
Got pics? Would like to see that. Depending on where i work next year, i may or may not look into that.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

They work very well offroad, but not very well on compacted snow (mainly braking) but decent in deep powder offroad. Forget it on ice. My MTRs do better on compacted snow (accelerating, turning, braking) and slightly better on ice but neither do well on ice, as expected. Only a snow tire does decently on ice. Offroad, I feel both do extremely well.

Quick Reply: KM2 owners