Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit reviews

Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Lift: metal Cloak 3.5" gamechanger. 3-4" daystar spacers
Shocks: MC 6 pack
Tires/wheels: Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 37-12.50-17, AEV pintler beadlocks

Review: this is hands down the best on road lift kit I have ever driven or ride in. It truly does handle better than my buddy's Sahara on rubi take offs. The little bit of flexing I have done have been great. Will test it thoroughly soon. The shocks have more down travel than anything short of coil overs. I am sure that the offroad performance will match the on road performance.

Likes: complete kit. Everything you need with good instructions. Most potential flex available on the market excluding coil overs. Best kit for a DD.

Dislikes: not sure why the rear sway bar gets relocated. Can hit muffler on large bumps. Will have to replace muffler with smaller unit.

Attachment 455680
Which bump stops?

I wonder if the Metal Cloak 'Vulcanized Rubber' bump stops are as good as the rest of the system, and how they compare to air bump stops, such as FOX for instance ?

Quick Reply: Lift kit reviews