Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoD VS Expedition One Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier? Which One?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD VS Expedition One Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier? Which One?

Hey,
Looking to add a rear bumper and tire carrier, and I am stuck in between the two?
What do you guys think? Any opinions would be great!
Thanks Guys,
Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Former Member

Hanson offroad bumpers for the win! We have several different basket options available
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wranglerxnewbie
Hey,
Looking to add a rear bumper and tire carrier, and I am stuck in between the two?
What do you guys think? Any opinions would be great!
Thanks Guys,
I love my Expo One rear bumper and tire carrier....no experience with LOD though. The integration with the tailgate is seemless, smooth, and trouble free. Powder coating is strong, bumper has great lines that meet the stock rear fenders and overall no issues.

I do however really like the LOD bumper's jerry can system and cargo rack, as well as the rear light option. I don't know enough about their products, but I think their gen 3 bumper has tailgate integration as well.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just received the LOD 3/4 bumper and tire carrier. I got the one with the lights in the bumper. That was a selling feature for me. More important to me was the integrated receiver hitch.

I do really like the swing motion of the Exped. One carrier. No extra levers or locks to mess around with !
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by roadking54
I love my Expo One rear bumper and tire carrier....no experience with LOD though. The integration with the tailgate is seemless, smooth, and trouble free. Powder coating is strong, bumper has great lines that meet the stock rear fenders and overall no issues.

I do however really like the LOD bumper's jerry can system and cargo rack, as well as the rear light option. I don't know enough about their products, but I think their gen 3 bumper has tailgate integration as well.

Nice!!! looks good!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These were my two choices for rear bumpers. I went with LoD basically for the rear lights, intergrated hitch but the topper was free shipping from northridge4x4.ca. Shipping from Expo 1 to my place in BC was another $400.00...

Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think you can go wrong either way! Both are great bumpers.

I like the E1 bumper a little more. I like the smoother lines of the E1 bumpers.
Both are high quality.
Both have good spinldes.
Both have good PC work.

Just buy both and send me whatever one you don;t use.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RevyJKU08
These were my two choices for rear bumpers. I went with LoD basically for the rear lights, intergrated hitch but the topper was free shipping from northridge4x4.ca. Shipping from Expo 1 to my place in BC was another $400.00...

Your set up looks amazing too!!! I like the back up lights, but i already have a factory hitch, and with the expo1, it allows you to use it still. Also, the expo one opens up with the tailgate, and not seperatly. Although, i heard LoD gen 3 bumpers have this option aswell
Old 06-23-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

I ordered the lod gen 3 linked. It is awesome! I don't have my jeep yet. It isstill attempt stealership getting oil consumption dealt with. But when I get it back and put the bumper on...I'll post pics for ya
Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wranglerxnewbie
Your set up looks amazing too!!! I like the back up lights, but i already have a factory hitch, and with the expo1, it allows you to use it still. Also, the expo one opens up with the tailgate, and not seperatly. Although, i heard LoD gen 3 bumpers have this option aswell
I had the factory tow package as well, very simple to remove the hitch and sell. Just 4 bolts holding the stock hitch. The new gen3 LoD bumper does open with the swing gate, which I wanted but my gen2 does not but to be honest it's not a big hassle opening them separately.

Quick Reply: LoD VS Expedition One Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier? Which One?