Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look out....FNG with kit questions...

Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djcompton73
A bunch of older posts complain about sag in the TF springs. You ever have any issues? I am planning on throwing on a rear bumper/carrier with a full spare. I am thinking TF 2.5" coil kit and Daystar .75 spacers. Do I understand that the TF coil kit will remove the rake and level the jeep? Will I have any geometry issues if I add the .75 spacers? My thought was they are only $39 and if it sucks, I can just pull the spacers back out. Dan
I have not noticed any sagging springs.
I wouldnt install thespacers until after u have seen the jeep without them first. TF did a great job of leveling jeep. Also stopped that stupid nose dive on hard braking and accel. The stock springs made the jeep drive like a jet ski😒. As far a geometry issues....possible but marginal. Dont forget wheel spacers of u are running stock wheels or u will rub tires against body and frame at half flex.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the Rustys 3.25 back lift. Good deal for the money and a solid lift. I've had mine on for three years and I love the ride.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your $625 budget is the lift only... that wont hardly buy two tires LOL.

As far as budget boosts go, they will surely be all you need for your intended use. But, if you like extra room in the wheel wells and are planning on 35's, I would suggest something a little more than just 2.5-3" of lift. Have you checked out the "stock wheels and 35" tires" page yet? Here is a link, it will give you an idea of what kind of height you need for what kind of look you are after. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...em-here-76203/
Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Or you could consider a budget boost with flat/chopped fenders for the more lifted look.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Here is a fairly new link to 2.5" lifts, flat fenders and 35's that might give you some more ideas... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-151591/page3/
Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Are you concerned about performance, highway driving? 35" tires on a 09 automatic is going to be pretty bad.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Performance is a thought in my mind, yes. I had a 1995 4cyl auto with 33 12.50's. It hunted quite a bit on the interstate, but was tolerable because I didn't know any better at the time. My plan is to drive it and then if it is unbearable, in the spring, I will do the regear. "Highway driving" for me means two lane state roads with 55mph limits anyway. I only commute a couple times a week for work. Everything else will be driving around my small town running errands. I can go all the way across town in 7 minutes or less. This is just a toy to get me to work occasionally and take the wife and princesses for some ice cream on nice evenings. I am now thinking of going TF 2.5 coil kit and some 1.5" wheel spacers. I dunno. I am wishy washy between spending the money for that or just do a 2.5" spacer lift and a fender trim. Would save a crapload of cash to use elsewhere if I went this route. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Dan
Old 03-25-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Once you take it over to badlands or redbird you will want some 5.13 gears in that thing.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

oh I am sure you are correct...just not in the budget right now. Figured I would do the lift and maybe Flashpaq it for now and then by the time I really cannot stand it anymore, I will have the cash for the regear.

Quick Reply: Look out....FNG with kit questions...