Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

magnuson super charger

Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnuson super charger

I am new to this forum and i just purchased a 09 4door jk rubicon with 9k miles on it so its all most brand new. It is currently in the shop getting a long list of upgrades like 4"rough country lift,tires,bumpers,winch,stronger axles, and the list goes on and on. I never realized how many things you can do to one of these things to make it your own. A super charger is on that list as well but its undecided on which one to go with. At first I was thinking of a ripp sc but now the guys at the shop are talking about a magnusan. He said it was a roots style charger that will give me more torqe from top to bottom. From what I gather this is a new sc that just came out for the jeeps. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge from one of these or any input on what would be the best charger to go with.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a RIPP and I love it!!! I have a 2007 and we also installed one on my friends 2011!! They are great products, awesome performance and great customer service and tech support... You can send RIPP a PM or I'm sure they'll comment on this post. ( I'm running 35"s 5:13 gears and 6 speed, 2011 running 37"s 5:13 and auto, just FYI)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

I'd like to hear about these two as well, especially any differences in the noise level.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

What is the diffrence between a roots style sc and the design on the ripp.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

There is a huge thread on the Avenger SC. It is a roots style. They go into some deep explanation of the difference. Ripp commented on the thread too. I have a Ripp and I'm very satisfied but it doesn't hurt to weight all the options.

Just found it i think

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-other-214051/

Last edited by SergeantChuck; 08-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: magnuson super charger