Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson vs. Ripp on 2015 JK (Help)

Old 04-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
What about those of us with a manual? I'd buy a RIPP if it made a meaningful difference from 1000-2500. I have all the low range gearing I want in the rocks, but the 3.6L could use some help at those RPMs.
The meaningful gains with our compressor start around 1800 RPM.

RIPP
Old 05-02-2015, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 Ripp w/ a manual transmission, I love it and would recommend it for a few reasons
1. Lots off power
2. Easy to install & servicing is simple
3. Customer sever is good
4. Sounds amazing
Also how many other manufacturers do you see on these forums responding to forum members questions?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NoviJeepGuy
Hello All... Can anyone provide your insight(s) with Magnuson vs. RIPP Superchargers on 2015 JK ... If you have either of these systems, are you satisfied? Any issues, wish i would have...type things?

Thanks In advance for the info!

Sean
I would look at Edelbrock SC. Looks pretty impressive.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/superchargers/

Last edited by cuongdyna; 05-02-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally run the Magnuson on my 2013 JKUR with an auto. I am very happy with the results. I personally chose their supercharger for multiple reasons. I personally wanted a roots style blower for how that style of supercharger makes power. I wanted a supercharger that was going to be CARB legal, I live in CA it's an issue. I also wanted to go with a company that has a history with power adders. After talking with the fantastic folks at Magnuson I felt very comfortable with their product. They are also the manufacturer for multiple OEM marks.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is good information...i too, am looking at Magnuson vs RIPP. I have a 2014 Sahara JKU with 3.73 gears. Probably going to do an axle swap at some point, but the axle swap is about twice as much. I've only got 14K miles on the Jeep. I've heard issues with surging on Automatics versus Manual transmissions with certain Superchargers. Has anyone had experience with that? My only other issue, is price...I think both Superchargers will work for my use (mostly around the town driving, and hunting trails). Just want a little more power...Thanks!
Old 07-06-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would go magnuson hands down. I have been tuning auto's for years using various types of boost applications. Obviously RIPP will tell you theirs is the best, they want the sale. I have nothing against them, but their use of a centrifugal charger is not a good application for a vehicle who spends most of its life under 3000 rpm. Yeah, they will make more peak HP but the roots style charger makes way more down low. Always has always will. the centrifugal type SC is almost turbocharger in its power delivery. but smoother as it gradually builds boost. where as a turbo hits hard.

For any off road vehicle, the Roots type charger is a much better application. I am not affiliated with any company that sells any systems. I know what works and what does not from experience of tuning drag cars, road racing cars and fast street cars and trucks.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

The only reason i held off putting a supercharger on the 2012 jku i had was the tuning issues with the auto trans. Now i have a 2014 2dr Rubicon with a auto trans. Would love to do a supercharger but i am still waiting to see how improved the tunes are now. Tunes make or break any type of power mods.

I have owned two ford f150 lightnings (OEM roots / PD blowers) and you cant beat how they make power for a daily driver. Esp if you add some psi with diff size pullies (crank and or supercharger pulley).
Old 07-07-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Consider sprintex

Twin screw. Torque from about 1300 rpm. Great performance. I have one on my 3.8 but the 3.6 has bags of power everywhere. This is a 3.6 versus an LS V8. No axe to grind. For what it is worth here in South Africa most of the local importers have pretty much dropped RIPP for Sprintex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vtSxxqc4X8 https://www.facebook.com/sprintexusa...type=1&theater

Sprintex USA
Old 07-10-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

nice, love the sound of the sprintex.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

I'm more interested in the Edelbrock as well. Same design as Magnusson but able to use the oem oil filter.

Quick Reply: Magnuson vs. Ripp on 2015 JK (Help)