Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX

Figured it because I experienced it firsthand. Tried to be lazy and skip some work and left it connected and it wouldn't droop enough. When I disconnected it it dropped down much farther

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Maybe since yours is custom and I still don't have a drag link flip/raised trac bar mount is all I can figure.
Yours looks way dropped!

Just noticed also...did you have your driveshaft off too?

Your setup is definitely capable of alot more droop than stock

Damn nice Jeep btw!

Last edited by JayswranglerX; 07-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Maybe since yours is custom and I still don't have a drag link flip/raised trac bar mount is all I can figure.
Yours looks way dropped!

Just noticed also...did you have your driveshaft off too?

Your setup is definitely capable of alot more droop than stock

Damn nice Jeep btw!

i do in that pic as my pinion and angle wasnt set yet, but at the droop the driveshaft will fit fine, at full droop i may be close to binding it.

thanks man, wasnt trying to promote my jeep, just show that if i were you i would want to know why and when its binding slightly binding means more stress on parts.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I did my 2.5", I just removed the shocks, removed the wheels, disco'd the sway bar, and replaced the brake line ends, and I could droop enough to get the springs in. Basically I followed the instructions and it was fine.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm idk what happened to me then. Maybe I got the 3.5 springs but I doubt it.

Regardless it's all in and working great.

I'm already thinking about buying the rest of the game changer.

Any one with experience with the 6pack shocks wish they had went with coilovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

You didn't mention that you were doing your rear track bar. If you do decide to do that, let me know. The instructions could be improved there.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You didn't mention that you were doing your rear track bar. If you do decide to do that, let me know. The instructions could be improved there.
I'm doing the whole ARB 2.5 dual rate kit so the rear track bar bracket, springs and shocks.

Any insight is welcome. The buddy I have helping me hasn't done a lift before either , we're both noobs

Old 07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sgregg108
I'm doing the whole ARB 2.5 dual rate kit so the rear track bar bracket, springs and shocks.

Any insight is welcome. The buddy I have helping me hasn't done a lift before either , we're both noobs

Ok well the instructions say to install the shocks and lower rear control arms before the rear track bar relocation bracket. If you do this, you will have to remove the driver's side upper shock mount bolts and the driver's side lower control arm bolt to install the relocation bracket. Foolish I know, but that's what happens with modular instructions. The easiest way, and I'm all about easy, is to install the relocation bracket at the same time as the lower driver's side control arm, and then attach the driver's side rear tack bar bolt (you can leave the passenger side off and just rest the bar on the rear axle), and then the driver's side shock. This will prevent you from having to unbolt 3 bolts you just installed.

Hope that helps. And allow a whole weekend to get it done right (but I did it alone and it was my first time as well). Use your lower CAs to align the axel with the body (center in wheel well, make sure bump stops are aligned, and axel square to frame) and your uppers to set caster/pinion.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Ok well the instructions say to install the shocks and lower rear control arms before the rear track bar relocation bracket. If you do this, you will have to remove the driver's side upper shock mount bolts and the driver's side lower control arm bolt to install the relocation bracket. Foolish I know, but that's what happens with modular instructions. The easiest way, and I'm all about easy, is to install the relocation bracket at the same time as the lower driver's side control arm, and then attach the driver's side rear tack bar bolt (you can leave the passenger side off and just rest the bar on the rear axle), and then the driver's side shock. This will prevent you from having to unbolt 3 bolts you just installed.

Hope that helps. And allow a whole weekend to get it done right (but I did it alone and it was my first time as well). Use your lower CAs to align the axel with the body (center in wheel well, make sure bump stops are aligned, and axel square to frame) and your uppers to set caster/pinion.
Thanks for the tips, but I wonder if I'll have the same issues, my kit only has the top front control arms, my rear parts are just springs, bump stops, track bar bracket and the sway bar links.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

My 2.5 GCL Arb kit came with much more. They must have new options now. So you won't have to redo what you just did. If it's like my track bar relocation bracket, you will just have to remove 1 bolt from the lower CA and the top shock bolts to have access to the driver side attachment point for the track bar. Easy peasy.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, sounds good, and much easier than w/all the arms.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread