Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto Radiator

Old 01-23-2017, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick update, I have had the radiator in for a couple of weeks now without issues. It does appear to have a little different appearance from my previous two radiators...the filler neck seems different. I will post pics when I get a chance. So far no drips, will update if that changes.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmittyund03
Just a quick update, I have had the radiator in for a couple of weeks now without issues. It does appear to have a little different appearance from my previous two radiators...the filler neck seems different. I will post pics when I get a chance. So far no drips, will update if that changes.
Thanks for the update! We also wanted to give you all an update:

We've borrowed this 2016 3.6L JK to double check fitment and look into this issue on a newer model. We have a few ideas for updates and once they're signed off on, I'll be able to give you all more information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1642.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	665377 Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1654.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	665378

Thanks again!

-Steve
Old 02-02-2017, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just installed one of these radiators in our 2014 Jeep. The factory unit failed before 40k miles. Hopefully this new unit will last a bit longer. We will keep you posted.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HighSierra4x4
We just installed one of these radiators in our 2014 Jeep. The factory unit failed before 40k miles. Hopefully this new unit will last a bit longer. We will keep you posted.

Definitely let us know how it goes and if we can help in any way!

Thanks,

-Steve
Old 02-03-2017, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Mishimoto radiator sitting in its box in my basement. I invested the extra $ in the Mishimoto because I plan to drive this Jeep for a VERY long time. I already have 220,000 miles on my 08 JKUR. Unfortunately it started leaking shortly after installation. I had a trip planned and did not have time to return it and wait for the replacement. So, back to OEM I went.

Steve, I would be happy to send the leaking radiator to you in its original box so that you can perform failure analysis. Just say the word and send me your address.

With kind regards,
Tom Johnson
tom@motownculvers(d0t)com
Old 02-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SpartanToJo
I have a Mishimoto radiator sitting in its box in my basement. I invested the extra $ in the Mishimoto because I plan to drive this Jeep for a VERY long time. I already have 220,000 miles on my 08 JKUR. Unfortunately it started leaking shortly after installation. I had a trip planned and did not have time to return it and wait for the replacement. So, back to OEM I went.

Steve, I would be happy to send the leaking radiator to you in its original box so that you can perform failure analysis. Just say the word and send me your address.

With kind regards,
Tom Johnson
tom@motownculvers(d0t)com

Hi Tom,

First let me say I'm sorry for the trouble you had with our radiator, I know how irritating unexpected issues can be, especially when you have plans that rely on your vehicle. At this time we have several new JK radiators from multiple production runs that we're checking out. The two JK's that we've had in also brought along their radiators that failed so we have a couple good case studies to work with. With that said, I would be happy to talk to customer service to see if we could get you a replacement radiator or a refund. Just let me know if that's something you'd like to do and thank you for the offer, we appreciate the community's willingness to help us produce better products!

Thanks again,

-Steve
Old 02-06-2017, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,

I would appreciate it if you would reach out to customer service on my behalf. I would prefer a replacement, but would like your opinion: Would I be better off waiting until you have an opportunity to complete your analysis and make any changes that are made based on that analysis?

Feel free to reply via pm if you think this should be handled outside of this thread.

Thanks for your input,
Tom Johnson

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hi Tom,

First let me say I'm sorry for the trouble you had with our radiator, I know how irritating unexpected issues can be, especially when you have plans that rely on your vehicle. At this time we have several new JK radiators from multiple production runs that we're checking out. The two JK's that we've had in also brought along their radiators that failed so we have a couple good case studies to work with. With that said, I would be happy to talk to customer service to see if we could get you a replacement radiator or a refund. Just let me know if that's something you'd like to do and thank you for the offer, we appreciate the community's willingness to help us produce better products!

Thanks again,

-Steve
Old 02-07-2017, 05:46 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SpartanToJo
Steve,

I would appreciate it if you would reach out to customer service on my behalf. I would prefer a replacement, but would like your opinion: Would I be better off waiting until you have an opportunity to complete your analysis and make any changes that are made based on that analysis?

Feel free to reply via pm if you think this should be handled outside of this thread.

Thanks for your input,
Tom Johnson
Hi Tom,

I'll shoot you a PM so that we don't overtake jsmittyund03's thread.

Thanks!

-Steve
Old 02-10-2017, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2nd Mishimoto dead.... time to switch to Griffin?

Anyone put a Griffin 5-00152 into a JK? I see their site says it for 07-12 and I have a 15. My OEM lasted about 30k miles, the 1st Mishimoto about 6k, and this last one about 500.

I contacted Griffin and they said it would fit and everything would line up but the guy seemed unsure. Wondering if anyone had experience putting this radiator in something newer than a 2012.

They are more expensive but I'm willing to pay double that of the Mishimoto to not have to deal with this BS every few months.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by bkundingerii
Anyone put a Griffin 5-00152 into a JK? I see their site says it for 07-12 and I have a 15. My OEM lasted about 30k miles, the 1st Mishimoto about 6k, and this last one about 500.

I contacted Griffin and they said it would fit and everything would line up but the guy seemed unsure. Wondering if anyone had experience putting this radiator in something newer than a 2012.

They are more expensive but I'm willing to pay double that of the Mishimoto to not have to deal with this BS every few months.
I'm thinking you might not get a lot of responses about a Griffin in a Mishimoto discussion thread.

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Radiator