Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

More Power

Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supercharger is more power throughout the whole rpm band. Turbo is more hp in the higher end of the rpm bad. I used to have a turbo VW gti and for example turbos can be a little unpredictable especially on a automatic
Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

The Prodigy is different though. It starts building pressure/power at around 2k RPM. Its actually a really efficient turbo. Its a really neat setup. Its really up in the air with either choice.. I cant knock either choice though, I honestly believe its a toss up here. Ive read a lot about both systems and it would be hard for me to choose. The Prodigy spool time is surprisingly low too. It actually provides way more torque and hp compared to the SC.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by onecrazyfuq
Supercharger is more power throughout the whole rpm band. Turbo is more hp in the higher end of the rpm bad. I used to have a turbo VW gti and for example turbos can be a little unpredictable especially on a automatic
Not entirely true. Spool time has to do mostly with the size of the turbo. Thats why the ecoboost can put out 90% of peak tq at 1900 rpm. It runs two smaller turbos
Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

Not entirely true. Spool time has to do mostly with the size of the turbo. Thats why the ecoboost can put out 90% of peak tq at 1900 rpm. It runs two smaller turbos
This^^ the Prodigy is a smaller Garret.

Quick Reply: More Power