Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 4x4 SPOD caught on fire

Old 08-03-2017, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
The fuses being downstream of the relays and the main power supply is irrelevant and thus why I ignored your dumb ass the 1st time. Why don't you take a cool drink of STFU, because you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.
I love keyboard tough guys. You don't own an sPod and cut and pasted off a website trying to pass it off as though you do know what you're talking about.

Tell me again how accessories could spark a fire downstream from fuses and relays that you were so quick to point out?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Additional circuit breakers would have likely been futile in this case. The SPOD has (3) 15 amp fuses, and (3) 30 Amp fuses and an additional 50 Amp reset circuit breaker, according to the specs listed here.

https://www.affordablequalitylightin...QAvD_BwE#Specs

The device is meant to power lights and other high current draw circuits. Even the lowest 15amp rating current draw is plenty to start a fire.

It is often a misunderstanding that fuses will prevent fires from starting within electronics. They'll prevent a fire when there is a direct short between Power and Ground and that's about it, because that's what it will take to blow the 15 and 30 amp fuses that are already built into the SPOD.

It's those lower current draw circuits that start to get formed when things get wet is what you need to worry about.
Originally Posted by jordy
The fuses in the sPod are for the accessories you power up, downstream from the relays and the main power supply. The 50 amp circuit breaker should be set right next to the battery on the power supply. Was it? Something kept this thing going and reigniting after being put out, which tells me it was getting power from somewhere. If that circuit breaker failed, then an additional fusible circuit would have been far from futile. Two is one, one is none.
Originally Posted by SPOD Analysis
Being that it is only a partial short (1-10amps) and not a direct short (EG: positive battery cable grounded out to chassis) or an over current, our inline 50 amp thermal circuit breaker, and any other circuit protection we provide on the board, could not have prevented this from happening."
SPOD said EXACTLY what I outlined

Now STFU dumbass.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I love keyboard tough guys. You don't own an sPod and cut and pasted off a website trying to pass it off as though you do know what you're talking about.

Tell me again how accessories could spark a fire downstream from fuses and relays that you were so quick to point out?
I don't have to own an SPOD. I could design and build an SPOD device with my eyes closed but that would be pretty boring compared to what I do design in comparison. I don't have to pay someone to build a relay switch board for me like your dumb ass does.

It must be that time again where you know you've been proven wrong after attacking something I posted which was factual and then resort to posting these.

Go on with your bad self. Ass Clown.
:rotfl mao2:: rotflmao2::rotflm ao2:

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now STFU dumbass.
I don't have to pay someone to build a relay switch board for me like your dumb ass does.
It's funny that you keep going with the dumbass thing, knowing nothing about me.

Exactly what I said is that you don't know what you're talking about and the function of the fuses and relays in your cut and paste attempts, as you haven't ever put hands on one. Sure, you can sit in your mom's basement and draw one up. Cool!

You're a sad pathetic little EE who is so insecure that you've got to go out of your way and google information to try and look smart on a Jeep forum because you don't have the real life experience, but need to feel accepted and important. It's pretty funny to watch actually.

I'm still waiting for you and all your smartness to explain how the fuses and relays and the downstream accessories reignited a fire multiple times. I bet it was those pesky rock lights backfeeding through the sPod that did it.

All the best.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Here, let me write your next not so witty post for you.

Blahh..blahh..blahh. Say more B.S. that makes no sense.

Yeah, that should about cover it huh?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

It's funny that you keep going with the dumbass thing, knowing nothing about me.
I don't need to know anything about you. Your 1st post in this thread was nothing but a bunch of stupid bullsh*t that could have been easily called out and picked apart by anyone who actually knows something about electronics. That is the definition of a dumbass.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hi my name is "Jordy"

Originally Posted by JORDY
Old 08-03-2017, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't need to know anything about you. Your 1st post in this thread was nothing but a bunch of stupid bullsh*t that could have been easily called out and picked apart by anyone who actually knows something about electronics. That is the definition of a dumbass.
That's odd, as my first post was merely explaining the role that the copy and pasted info you put up actually played, that being the fuses and relays. You decided to take it to a whole other level with the name calling. Sorry that it was so easy to point out that you have no idea what you're talking about as you try to impress people who don't care on a forum that doesn't matter. That's the definition of a pathetic EE with no life. Great job!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly what I said is that you don't know what you're talking about and the function of the fuses and relays in your cut and paste attempts, as you haven't ever put hands on one. Sure, you can sit in your mom's basement and draw one up. Cool!

You're a sad pathetic little EE who is so insecure that you've got to go out of your way and google information to try and look smart on a Jeep forum because you don't have the real life experience, but need to feel accepted and important. It's pretty funny to watch actually.

I'm still waiting for you and all your smartness to explain how the fuses and relays and the downstream accessories reignited a fire multiple times. I bet it was those pesky rock lights backfeeding through the sPod that did it.

All the best.
You mean kind of like how you go out of your way to respond to everyone of my posts with WRONG information in a futile attempt to act like you somehow know what you're talking about on topics you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about?

Ok....got it.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

That's odd, as my first post was merely explaining the role that the copy and pasted info you put up actually played, that being the fuses and relays. You decided to take it to a whole other level with the name calling. Sorry that it was so easy to point out that you have no idea what you're talking about as you try to impress people who don't care on a forum that doesn't matter. That's the definition of a pathetic EE with no life. Great job!
What copy and pasted information? I didn't copy and past sh*t and the dumb point you tried to make about the 15 and 30 amp fuses being downstream of the relay had ZERO reverence to what I outlined but you're too damn stupid to even realize it. It was just your usual B.S. of posting irrelevant B.S. and is the reason I ignored it.

Why don't you tell the SPOD people about your downstream fuses nonsense, since they said EXACTLY what I described?

Why don't you tell them how the 50 amp breaker needed to be moved closer to the battery? I'm sure they would get a good laugh, because anyone with any knowledge would have identified that the fire started within the SPOD and not inbetween the breaker and the battery where moving the breaker closer to the battery would have actually done something good. They'll get a good laugh at that statement, just like I did. Your dumbass was too stupid to even be able to figure that FACT out.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: My 4x4 SPOD caught on fire