JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   My thoughts on lifts (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/my-thoughts-lifts-288269/)

Stephane87 03-15-2015 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks again Dirtman

Pic 1

Stephane87 03-15-2015 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dirtman....

Pic 2

TheDirtman 03-15-2015 06:22 AM

I run the sports in the first pict on my JKU but not the long travel ones as shown. They are sized for a 2" lift.

Stephane87 03-15-2015 06:32 AM

I'll look at those now. Thanks for the great help :)

Stephane87 03-15-2015 07:26 AM

Found them, they are for 2"-2.5"...

glazier 03-16-2015 06:30 PM

Is it possible to run 35's with a 2" lift with flat flares? I only wanna lift my jeep to accommodate 35" tires which I plan on putting on when I burn my stock tiresout. I will also be getting new wheels with the proper back spacing of 4.5. Since I'm looking at aftermarket bumpers / winch, I'm going to have to do something like a levelling kit or a lift with new coils to take extra weight. I only wanna lift it once. I don't know what coils will be coming on my new JKUR as of yet. Still waiting on my vin to pull up the build sheet.

TheDirtman 03-17-2015 05:25 AM

Did you read the write up? Information is in there and read the other stickies in the modified section.

glazier 03-17-2015 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheDirtman (Post 4071333)
Did you read the write up? Information is in there and read the other stickies in the modified section.

I did read it, very informative and a great read. I guess I asked the wrong question lol. I did see that a 2" would work with 35" tires. What I should of asked is would the weight of a aftermarket bumper / winch on a 2" lift running 35s cause any rubbing at full flex? I could increase bump stops but from my understanding I would be losing out on up travel I believe?

jadmt 03-17-2015 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by glazier (Post 4071522)
I did read it, very informative and a great read. I guess I asked the wrong question lol. I did see that a 2" would work with 35" tires. What I should of asked is would the weight of a aftermarket bumper / winch on a 2" lift running 35s cause any rubbing at full flex? I could increase bump stops but from my understanding I would be losing out on up travel I believe?

yes I ran 1.5" Rock Krawler lift with Toyo 35's not the biggest 35's not the smallest. My actual lift up front was 2" and slightly less in the back. I have Bushwacker flares and 2" bumps stops front and rear. At full flex I rubbed the back fenders even with the flat fenders and 2" bumps. Any bigger on bumps and loose too much flex. I went up to 2.5" RK coils and longer shocks and way more flex and still rub the back fenders at full flex but not enough to cause an issue. It got me 10" more up the rti ramp from 91" to 101".

glazier 03-20-2015 06:20 PM

After doing tons of reading, listening to various opinions and reviews, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a suspension set up.

This is what I'm looking at for sure.
-Rancho 9000xl shocks
-Rancho control arm correction brackets
-Teraflex exhaust spacers
-Northridge grade 8 bolt package

This is what I'm still looking into.
- RK front and rear coils
- TeraFlex adjustable track bar
- Teraflex rear track bar bracket
- Teraflex rear sway bar links
- Teraflex front / rear bump stops
- brake line extension hardware

The second half is basically the Teraflex BB lift without the coil spacers because I wanna just go with coils. Any opinions on what might be a slighter upgrade for a good price. Anything I might be overlooking or just recommendations.

Target is 2.5" lift.
'15 JKUR 4.10 gearing automatic
Mild trials mostly and planning on 35" tires as my next upgrade. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.