Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!

I got a 4door jk with 2.5 lift and 33's, Going around corners at a higher speed, I get a rumble like sound with the esp light comes on just for a second, What gives? Its not everytime but, theres no tire rubbing but I am lost.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

See new thread "Pinion angle and a Warning".
It seems like you are describing your driveshafts pinion angles not being in harmony.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Did you get the steering wheel straightened after you put the lift on? If you did not it will affect the ESP.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's most likely your brakes "pulsating" because the ESP thinks you're in a skid (due to a higher center of gravity). Mine does this occasionally too.

Last edited by Renegade; 02-03-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default thanks guys

I will address these issues, I'd rather be save than sorry, thanks again guys. I'd post pics of this thing but my camera, at the lowest setting, wont load up, Too big jpegs or something? anyhow thanks again.
Any other Ideas or opinions are appreciated.

they checked the steering but I will get the angles checked.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi

certain on/off ramps will do it after the lift.

What Renegade said!

Kind of feels like when your brake pads wear down to bare metal, right!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default ESP is a big problem

We need a solution to this ESP problem, especially after a lift and big tires.

Take a look at this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/help-esp-activation-through-normal-corners-2722/

The more you read posts in this forum, the more you're going to find people having trouble with this new JK after lifts and larger tires. Hope the aftermarket guys come up with a solution for us because the dealers and DC aren't being very accommodating so far.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Until an electronic or mechanical solution is found, I am adjusting my driving habits. Slower cornering speeds seems to take care of it. This is probably good for me anyway since I am now influencing my 3 year old with my driving habits. She keeps asking why all the other cars are driving slow.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default No problem with ESP

After the lift install I did have problems with the ESP, but after centering the steering wheel, the problem went away, and I think I have only had the ESP kick in like 2 times since then, 1 was coming down the mountains here in VA steep angle and a real sharp turn and that was my fault. When they post speed limit signs for a sharp turn, which are like 25 MPH they mean it, If you quit driving a Jeep like a mustang you shouldn’t have any problems. The ESP works if you let it, something’s you just have to get accustom to having. If you stand back and look at what the ESP actually does, you would appreciate it a little more.

Quick Reply: need help!