Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help- Leaking fluid

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help- Leaking fluid

I just had my gears changed out and had the 500 mile check up. Everything looked good until today when I noticed that I have fluid coming out of the front drivers side drive shaft right next to the front wheel. Can anybody tell me what my problem might be?
Thanks
Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the axle seal, it could be that it was overfilled or I've also heard synthetic fluids will sometimes leak as well.

Last edited by seer1; 05-24-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood218
I just had my gears changed out and had the 500 mile check up. Everything looked good until today when I noticed that I have fluid coming out of the front drivers side drive shaft right next to the front wheel. Can anybody tell me what my problem might be?
Thanks
yep sounds like they overfilled it, did you have different diff covers put on it? did they just change the gears or axles too? Usually the only way they could overfill is if you changed to a solid or arb diff cover because the fill hole is higher and then they still fill to the bottom of the hole, which is then to much fluid and the pressure causes the seal to blow. Take it back either way.

BUT if you still have the stock covers, check to make sure its not just coming out the axle breather tube which goes up to the top of the shock tower on the drivers side, it has a little white cap on it, see if the fluid is dripping down that.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help. Either way it does not sound to serious.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

not serious.................

Quick Reply: Need Help- Leaking fluid