Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Eaton E-Locker Thoughts?

Old 08-05-2017, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
I've got a drain on my tank that I crack from time to time and have very little moisture come out, then again, I live in Phoenix, and it's a dry heat.

From what I've seen, I get an oily mist around the air dumps on the solenoids, but nothing more. I would think that the heat from the oil would turn any water into vapor and it would outgas on its own, much like any condensation you'd get in your engine oil does. The locker being half submerged in gear oil has to help prevent any moisture issues as well. I've not had to do anything with mine other than change diff fluid at regular intervals and they get used on a regular basis. I keep a spare air line to go from the frame to the diff as those are prone to be an issue at some point, more than the lockers themselves. You'd have the same issues with wires though, so I'd call that a wash.
Yea, I talked to the fellow that is going to do my install today and he said the same thing regarding the air dump at the solenoids. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the ARB in the rear. I like the ability to air up if I go with the HP compressor.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got the ARB twin that runs to a manifold which supplies the front and rear lockers, a 5 gallon air tank, and I've also got fittings plumbed in behind the front and rear bumper to plug a hose into for air. Never have to lift the hood that way. Most the time I use the powertank anyway as it's faster with 40's, but redundancy is a good thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a pretty awesome set up!
Old 08-05-2017, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the mechanical OX locker with electric actuator. It's a beast and won't freeze up in winter if you live in the colder part of the country..
Old 08-05-2017, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
It's a beast and won't freeze up in winter if you live in the colder part of the country..
Wait a second, it gets plenty cold in Phoenix. Below 70* and we put on sweatshirts.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went elocker rear back in Dec last year, zero issues with it, its been set it and forget it, just flick the switch and go, I'm really not interested in having ARB's again, nothing wrong with ARB lockers per se though, the concept of air tanks, compressors, fittings, hoses, and when the leaks will happen.. fack all that....

Quick Reply: New Eaton E-Locker Thoughts?