Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new jk

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new jk

hi all, i just got a new jk, 12 rubicon 2 door, i had t replace my 350z i crashed drifting and figured id get something different, my question is has anyone had any experience lowering and drifting a jeep? i got the rubicon for the locking diff, i plan to convert it to rear wheel drive and get the front axle from a 2wd and ditch the transfer case, also going to need some kind of power adder to get it good and sideways, im looking at 18 inch wheels with low profile tires, probably falcons or something along those lines,
thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude you are about to get ridiculed... I don't think you'll find anyone on this forum lowering their jeep or in favor of it.

The good news is that you will find plenty of people willing to buy your front axle, drive shaft, wheels, tires, springs and shocks.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lx2gt
hi all, i just got a new jk, 12 rubicon 2 door, i had t replace my 350z i crashed drifting and figured id get something different, my question is has anyone had any experience lowering and drifting a jeep? i got the rubicon for the locking diff, i plan to convert it to rear wheel drive and get the front axle from a 2wd and ditch the transfer case, also going to need some kind of power adder to get it good and sideways, im looking at 18 inch wheels with low profile tires, probably falcons or something along those lines,
thanks in advance
Then why buy a Rubicon and not a two wheel drive?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

i know drifting isnt for everyone, just a new avenue to use a jeep, i already have a tube buggy with rockwells for wheeling, the jeep will never compare to what it is capable of, figure id keep the jeep on the pavement,
Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedRubicon
Then why buy a Rubicon and not a two wheel drive?
wanted the rear locking diff,
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

i know drifting isnt for everyone, just a new avenue to use a jeep, i already have a tube buggy with rockwells for wheeling, the jeep will never compare to what it is capable of, figure id keep the jeep on the pavement,
Although, I like to go higher than lower I would be interested in seeing what you come up with.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a strong believer in the philosophy, "your money, your jeep."

That aside, I politely suggest that you are in the wrong place for drifting mods. I'll give you credit for thinking outside the box, but I'm old enough to know the box is usually there for a reason.

I do want you to feel welcome, but dang!

Trending Topics

Old 08-17-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do admit it would be interesting to see a jeep drifting, it just looks like it would take a lot of work to accomplish basic functionality, much less have the jeep excell at it.

I look forward to seeing your results.

Good luck with your build!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Why not buy a cheaper 2wd jeep and put a locker in the rear?? That would be a LOT cheaper
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wanted the rear locking diff,
In a Rubicon, the rear diff only locks in 4 low with the lockers engaged. Sounds like you wanted a Sport with the trac-lok axle? I don't think you can drift in 4 low...

Quick Reply: new jk