Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new jk

Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If all you wanted was a locker in the rear why did you waste 20+ thousand buying a rubicon? All jeeps have a 44 in the rear. Just slap a locker in it and save yourself some money. But my question is why? Cuz your gonna drift a jeep, that your totally going to rip apart, after you wasted all that money because of a locker, thinking your going to soup up a 3.6 and romp on this thang thinking its just gonna spin these tires for how ever long...dude there's plenty other vehicles that I would chosen to "drift". By the way your talking and after previous events that have unfolded for you to even be here on this forum it kinda seems like "wrecking" and have the biggest adrenaline is your thang. Not drifting. Even if that was your thang I think I would go get some Junkers and keep practicing cuz you either A) have to much time on your hands, B) need to find a new hobby, or C) have way to much money!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna call B.S. on this thread. Somebody is trying to get a rise and or attention.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DROELLE
I'm gonna call B.S. on this thread. Somebody is trying to get a rise and or attention.
I'm suspicious too, but have seen crazier things.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fiveofun
In a Rubicon, the rear diff only locks in 4 low with the lockers engaged. Sounds like you wanted a Sport with the trac-lok axle? I don't think you can drift in 4 low...

^^^^ Thats what I was thinking.

The lockers with the rubicon package will do you no good for drifting... unlesss its on the side of a hill in mud or snow.

My thoughts are sell the rubi, buy a 2 wheeler, install a locker and a hemi, and then report back...

And welcom to JK-Forum!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DROELLE
X2, calling schenanigans.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Shit you don't need a RUBICON you need a Honda Element with some of that TURBO the VEEETAAACK shit go BRAAAAABRAAAAA then you slap the E-brake and crank that wheel... WHOA and drift all the way back to Tokyo.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lx2gt
hi all, i just got a new jk, 12 rubicon 2 door, i had t replace my 350z i crashed drifting and figured id get something different, my question is has anyone had any experience lowering and drifting a jeep? i got the rubicon for the locking diff, i plan to convert it to rear wheel drive and get the front axle from a 2wd and ditch the transfer case, also going to need some kind of power adder to get it good and sideways, im looking at 18 inch wheels with low profile tires, probably falcons or something along those lines,
thanks in advance
...a drift fan whom can't spell Falken? I call foul.

Last edited by Suspector X; 08-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Then you could invite Nick Hogan and Chumlee to drift with you...

I call troll....
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	troll[1].gif
Views:	219
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	355386  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the first time today.....I'm speechless.

Quick Reply: new jk