Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rough Country 2.5 Coils

Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no expert, but I would guess look at them and see if and the top coils are touching. Mine had the top 3-4 rings touching. I didn't have a heavy rear bumper or anything. The first post has some pics, and i believe it's the first pic that shows the compressed coil.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default RC Item Numbers from my invoice

Originally Posted by MX355
J__C I received my 2nd set of "new" springs form RC on Wed, didnt get to install them yet, but do you remember what part # they were. I want to make sure these are the new ones before I tear down again and they being the same as before.
I just received my new springs from RC. Here are the item numbers from my invoice.

Front - 91922600
Rear - 91922700
Old 03-10-2010, 03:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sure do love my TERAFLEX springs.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I sure do love my TERAFLEX springs.
Hind site is 20/20.... Although I think TF would have been higher than I want to go. If these don't last me then my next choice will probably be the TF 2.5. But I'll stick with RC as long they back their products, and the new coils seem to be much better.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _J__C_
Hind site is 20/20.... Although I think TF would have been higher than I want to go. If these don't last me then my next choice will probably be the TF 2.5. But I'll stick with RC as long they back their products, and the new coils seem to be much better.
My first choice was OME but it was well outside my budget. When I got a killer deal on the RC springs and shocks I couldn't say no. That said. I have been happy with the RC setup. I'm just a little concerened that I'm losing lift. At the bank one day I parked next to a stock JK and we were talking. He pointed out that my rear (with no aftermarket parts) was the same hight as his stock (eyeballing it). Now I feel I may have to call RC about it which i don't really want to do.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RC seems to be taking care of people on this, call them. That said, I have there frt dual stabilizer, no probs. My springs are Teraflex though. I cheaped out on the superlift and ended up replacing those with a better product.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, call them. They're I was on the phone with them for about just a few minutes, the coils came two days later. Mine was getting pretty low and rode like crap. Now it's great and I hope it stays that way. And my new shock would have been here today but the wrong house number was on the box, so I called UPS and told them I would just pick it up in the morning. I hope I'm don'e after this
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For them to have had the probs with springs they've had and are working diligently to get it resolved says alot about the company.I'm sure they'll handle your prob.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love their service, I have the BB and had the shock hitting the rear track bracket for some reason. a phone call, some pics and pow! new shocks with extra polybushings to replace my rubber ones.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

got mine in today. i just inquired about the rears, but open the box today and there was front and rear in there i havent put the front on yet because i think the front are fine as is. cant see how there could be, but is there anything wrong with running a progressive coil up front and a constant rate in the rear. i cant see how it could be becasue i know some people start of with coilovers just in the front and have constant coils in the rear. anywho, they have incredible customer service as far as im concerned. When its time for control arms im going to be giving there x-flex a try.

oh and as far as the new coils go, i could tell a difference as soon as i drove off the lift. gotta go out to the truck to look at the measurements with the old and new coils, but it looked like they may be slightly higher in the back. i never noticed any sag in the rear before, but my top coils were fully compressed and rode kinda harsh, now its much better IMO. report back on the measurements later.

Last edited by ssunde1; 03-10-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: New Rough Country 2.5 Coils