Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Rough Country 2.5 Coils

Old 03-20-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just tossing this out.. got a 4" RC lift.. LOVE IT!!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been happy with my RC kit since the new rear springs were installed, but I think you're comparing two very different kits.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any pics of an Unlimited with the new coils installed. Want to see pics and more ride quality comments before I install my 3rd set of RCs.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one have any pictures on an unlimited yet with new springs.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Goin' Postal
yeah, i've been thinking about the 3" TF kit 'cause it gives more that the 3" advertised gain...

i was at a local shop the other day and he was trying to sell me the 3.25" RC kit (2.5" coils w/ .75" spacers) instead of the TF 3" kit... he didn't understand why i wanted to pay more for a kit with fewer problems (none?). was just looking thru old threads, trying to find someone NOT happy with the TF kit, but can't find anyone...

edit: i've also been meaning to change my signature...
I've heard of people having problems w/ TF's quick disco's but thats about it. TF makes a solid product for sure, and I don't know of anyone w/ a teraflex lift that isn't happy.

RC has great products at great prices as well... just stay away from progressive coils, no matter who they're from. They simply aren't designed for offroad use. For the price you can almost get a 4" RC kit w/ a set of adjustable control arms (VERY nice to have) for the price of most less complete 3" lifts. Remember, if the kit is 3+ inches of lift, you will need either an adjustable front track bar, or a trackbar relocation bracket.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my rears on Jeep today and man what a difference in ride there is, makes me enjoy it more with more lift and better ride.

Anyone put in the front springs and notice a difference or are there any difference.

P.S. I have 2 extra sets of springs now, 2 pair of fronts and 2 pair of progressive rear if anyone is interested.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's something I would like to know. My front springs aren's bad right now, but I'm thinking if I add any kind of weight to the front it'll end up the same as the rear was.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

hmm...... I'm thinking I need to look into getting these...... Does it ride better with front's installed? And if I get a heavy front bumper maybe it will sit just as it does now, which I like. I don't mind the little bit of rake, it sits level when I have stuff in the back.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, so i posted a while back that RC gave me new rear springs b/c mine were compressed good under load. I finally got around to installing them today. I hope I installed the right springs b/c it is much higher now. I guess they will wear/break in, but I hope so! I cleared my garage by 3-4" before, now its more like 1-2"?

They looked way long also - old versus new:

And now I have some rake back (1/2-1"?)... unless the break in:

Anyone think I need revised fronts too now? Or will the backs settle in and level it?

Also, glad I picked up (rented) some spring compressors b/c don't think there is anyway i was getting them in without it. I unattached all brake lines, wheel sensors, breather hoses, etc. to get enough sag and no dice. You can see how much longer they were, they needed compressed to fit!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

My new rears werent near that long, only like half inch or inch longer than old ones, just didnt squash once installed.

Quick Reply: New Rough Country 2.5 Coils