Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Rough Country 2.5 Coils

Old 04-16-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MX355
My new rears werent near that long, only like half inch or inch longer than old ones, just didnt squash once installed.
Waiting for Rough Country to reply... sent them a PM. Not really sure what other springs they would be? 4" I dont think its that high...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockin7
Waiting for Rough Country to reply... sent them a PM. Not really sure what other springs they would be? 4" I dont think its that high...
Yeah, I'm not sure, but you do have the 1" bl and its still a pretty big gap with 35s
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MX355
Yeah, I'm not sure, but you do have the 1" bl and its still a pretty big gap with 35s
I don't mind the height, if it was level...
Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Anyone got anymore thoughts on this? The more I look at it, the more it just doesn't look right. If the RC 2.5" kit sits level and eliminates rake, it doesn't when you mix the rear linear and old front coils, that is for sure. I have at least 1-1.5" difference between front and rear. Put a couple hundred miles on in past 2 days now and not settling in the rear near that much.

I sent RC a PM and email with pictures and no response yet...

Either they sent me 4" rear coils (packing slip said 2.5" RR 4-door coil) by accident or my fronts are sagging just as bad and they need to send me new ones.

If that doesn't work I am going to need to buy some coils I know are right (OME or something) and replace these b/c I can't handle the uneven stance.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

can anyone tell me if they think RC would replace these? Had them for about a year.
Left:
Attachment 61327
Right:
Attachment 61326
Old 04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure they would relpace them. And I would call RC, not send a pm. I would love to get my front coils replaced. The top coils aren't touching yet, but I'm afraid to see what's gonna happen when I add weight to the front.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
U need the new front coil 2 , they gave me all 4 and I put the rear on 1st because that was where thd problem was, but had major rake and then put on fronts and it sits level now and much higher, ride is also better
Awesome, I will give them a call tomorrow, I have already sent an email. Can't wait for the new front coils. I love how the rear sits with the new coils (and rides nice too!) if the entire jeep sits that high it will be great!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you need to have the coils replaced? I bought the kit from a member. I would be interested in just getting the rear coils. Had allot of sag when I put my bumper/tire carrier on.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

The progressive coils sag. If you look the top three coils are probably touching and if they are, it probably rides like a log truck too.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

It was a crappy ride from the start. I pulled them and put my factory coils and spacers back on. I'm happy to see they updated these coils. Wondering if they would replace my rears if they didn't have a record of purchase. Did you guys ship the coils back to them? I still have the full set sitting in my garage

Quick Reply: New Rough Country 2.5 Coils