Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Upgrade?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tymonster
May be a stupid question, but are you planning to put the lift on yourself? If not you're going to shell out a good chunk of money for someone else to do it. If you are gonna do it yourself I'd go with the lift first and then add on from there. Will definitely change the look/performance of your rig.

If you decide to wait on the lift I say go w/ the Engo and some Trucklites. Just got my 10000s last week and Trucklites the week before... wish I did the Trucklites sooner (Engo $419 shipped, Trucklites $430).

Good luck and keep us posted!!

I was going to put it on my self, a friend of mine as a lift in is garage and is a mechanic so I was going to install it with him. To save some cash. I do really want a lift, but the winch is such a good deal and I could use one if I'm out on the trail with people who don't have one. But then again I might not need the winch if I lifted the jeep.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good lift kit around $1200 or less that would be comparable to the metal cloak lift? I really like there lift it comes with front track bar, rear track bar extension, extended brake lines, bump stops and some adjustable control arms.

For $2000 I can get the same lift but with adjustable control arms all around which I think is the best deal because that's the plan to upgrade all the control arms. With this kit I can run the stock shocks till I have the money to upgrade them as well.

Any opinions will help

Btw the lights and the winch look unreal such a upgrade from stock and I love the carbon fibre on the winch

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Sorry bro but skyjacker lifts aren't a great product(poor springs and shocks that wont last)you get what you pay for. But you end up spending more in the end when you have to start replacing parts or do a complete overhaul.
My buddy has an 07 jk with a very similar skyjacker lift that I just installed, he off roads about 20 times a year and does not hold back. He hasn't had a single problem yet with the shocks, springs or anything else involved with the lift. Sorry bro but his lift has held up very well.

Quick Reply: Next Upgrade?